Shiretto Sugee Koto Iteru Gal: Shiritsu Paranomaru Koukou no Nichijou - Ch. 12 - Landmine girl, yet first time in Shinjuku kinda deal

Group Leader
@roppatsu I really like your font choices. Would you mind sharing which ones you're using (on the credit page as well)?

Dex-chan lover
@roppatsu I really like your font choices. Would you mind sharing which ones you're using (on the credit page as well)?
main talking font is CC Samaritan Lower (i use CC Samaritan Tall Lower and stretch it to 125% width because i can't be assed to find a non-tall version of the font)
main narration font is CC Soliloquous, also used in some different contexts and as a pseudo default font when i don't know what else to use
the thin font used in think bubbles is Fennario
the thick, blocky font used for emphasis is Mangaka, stretched to 125% width. this is also the same font used for text that has the white drop shadow thing, like in this chapter's P9 "Ah!?", just with some effects on it
the cheery font usually is Chinacat, also used for the character ability infoboxes
the thick serif font like P9's "...Don't worry." is Qunaden. Used CC Cutthroat for the same thing before i switched to Qunaden
the much thinner serif font, like in CH10 P7 "I can't live without you, auntie." is Gabriola
previously used CC Pulp Fiction (bold) when characters got angry, like in CH3's meltdown, but i am still doubting whether that was a good choice or not. haven't really used it at all in a long time
the sans serif font you see on rikoteya tweets is Chirp because that's literally the font that The Platform Formerly Known As Twitter itself uses

Verveine is a small messy font i use a lot for sfx, small text (like p1's "actually a member of the library committee")
however it's sometimes replaced by Chewed Pen BB, LavosHandy, Doggie, or Nothing You Could Say, mostly only for non-sfx related contexts

Caveat Brush is what i usually use for thicker sfx and some other stuff. examples include P9's "Sorryyyy!!!" and "nod". primarily chose this because there's few other fonts that work this well for sfx while still having lowercase
another very similar font used for much of the same purpose (but more rarely) is CC Sign Language

brushier, messier sfx fonts are CC Shout Out (bold), Black Spirit, Yellowjacket, CC Tim Sale Brush, Voodoo Doll
rougher, blockier sfx fonts include Broken Home, Boom Tank, Holy Mackerel
(all in this paragraph are uppercase only)

this is pretty irresponsible and i probably shouldn't do it but some sfx like this chapter's P2 "buzz"es, "fuss"es, "chatter"s are Cloudspliter edited with a 1 pixel thick stroke to make them look thicker. again i probably shouldn't be doing this but uhhhhhhhhhh ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

credits/tl notes page text is primarily Lt Panneaux. this font doesn't have italic, however, which is why i kinda don't like it and want to switch away from it in the future, as italic can help make text a lot more readable when explaining stuff a lot. such as in TL notes
the thick "TRANSLATION NOTES" in the top middle is Couture

in some other contexts (like this chapter's color page) i might use Amaranth. for other times when i need more regular fonts i may use Times New Normal, GL Novantiqua Minamoto (due to its unicode support), or good ol' Helvetica (or otherwise Helvetica Neue)
round japanese font i use whenever typing in japanese (or when typing "This Man" for ch9) is Shin Go

out of all of the fonts you see here, i selected 80% of them from this collection of font sheets on Cubari, built by many different typesetters which you can check yourself to see other reccomendations. though out of the fonts i've just reccomended here, most of them i've chosen precisely because they have lowercase; many of the reccomendations on that collection are uppercase only

thank you for your inquiry!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Kinda of an unnecessary fyi, but brand names are under trademark, not copyright, which is distinctively different, although they are all intellectual property. You'd probably be fine including brand names, since including a brand name in a work of fiction is not usually trademark infringement, so long as it's not grounds for a defamation lawsuit.

Group Leader
Talk about thorough. Bro really wrote me an essay.

Seriously though, thanks a lot. I completely agree on the lowercase font, I've been meaning to switch to one for main scripts.

That cubari link is also immensely helpful. I've found a few other compilations in the past but there are many in there that I've not seen yet.

Also the sheer amount of effort you put in your font choices once again has me amazed by your scanlation talent. I'm not sure you're allowed to call yourself a rookie at this rate, or point, even.

Fed-Kun's army
not sure if it's ok to share, but i recently subscribed to this detective mystery short stories visual novel kind-of, and i saw this yt short that have the mc boys featured in. i didn't read the caption at first so it took me few minutes to realize it was them xD

Users who are viewing this thread