Shingeki no Eroko-san ~Hen na Oneesan wa Danshikousei to Nakayoku Naritai~ - Vol. 7 Ch. 49 - The Misunderstood Snow Knight Wants to be Kind to the We…

Group Leader
I'm not a big fan of Yukimi, so I am really happy that Hoshi showed up. On the other hand if he wasn't there maybe he could be turned down and be completely written out of the story, I'd like that too:pepehmm:
Big mood. Yukimi has always been a weird addition from the start. He could never be a rival because he has no communication skills, yet the author just forces him to show up regardless as if he has a chance? Honestly he should have just been written as a friend rather than a love rival, would have been more interesting than this cliche. Thankfully it's not too annoying given we know he has no chance and he himself knows that too, so there won't be any funny business.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf is this nonesense?? Putting all this effort to make it a perfect date for him to confess is terrible. It's like setting up the perfect mood for him to pop the question "Will you go out with me"

I hate Hoshi, cause he's a horny little punk that was "falling in love" with every pretty girl he would meet and was kind to him. Only reason why fell in love with Senko instead of Risa for example is because HE saw Senko first. And then if Risa had went ahead and told him to go out on a date he would have immediately accepted and would have "switched" being "in-love" with Risa instead. But then he met Eruko jumped at her, got super lucky cause he's the protag of his manga and got best babe in Senkoverse effortlessly.

But despite hating Hoshi for the above reasons, like it or not, Eruko is now his girl and even if it's 100% she would never leave him, why create a perfect opportunity for somebody else to "swoon" her. Just to make that person move forward through the likely rejection? It's awkward and wrong. Eroko and Erohoshi are already together done and dusted, no need for that fetish bait crap. Waste of chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Does Japan not view someone who’s trying to date a person in a relationship as a scummy cheater trying to willingly destroy a relationship for thier own happiness? Do they just accept it? Because I don’t think it’s cool at all.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, the sister out here with an absolute dogshit plan. Even if he'd not shown up, it would've disrespectful as hell to set up a full date with intention to confess when knowing he's her boyfriend.
If the goal is for the brother to let Eruko know he doesn't hate her, then regardless of poor communication, just going out for lunch to have a proper conversation and share that he likes her as a person would suffice. This plan, though, is simply gross on all accounts.

Double-page supporter
Big mood. Yukimi has always been a weird addition from the start. He could never be a rival because he has no communication skills, yet the author just forces him to show up regardless as if he has a chance? Honestly he should have just been written as a friend rather than a love rival, would have been more interesting than this cliche. Thankfully it's not too annoying given we know he has no chance and he himself knows that too, so there won't be any funny business.
It is a common trope in romcoms to have a romantic rival, even if said rival is a moron. I've never been a fan of it, but mangaka love them 'cause it adds "drama" or "comedy" to a situation.
Wow, the sister out here with an absolute dogshit plan. Even if he'd not shown up, it would've disrespectful as hell to set up a full date with intention to confess when knowing he's her boyfriend.
If the goal is for the brother to let Eruko know he doesn't hate her, then regardless of poor communication, just going out for lunch to have a proper conversation and share that he likes her as a person would suffice. This plan, though, is simply gross on all accounts.

Does Japan not view someone who’s trying to date a person in a relationship as a scummy cheater trying to willingly destroy a relationship for thier own happiness? Do they just accept it? Because I don’t think it’s cool at all.
Why the FUCK would she suggested her brother to go on a date with a taken women? Especially since she knew her BEST FRIEND is currently dating her

Girl got genuine homewrecker blood fr

This too is another, common trope in romcom situations. It has always been odd to me, but mangaka often have the clear loser in a love triangle-whatever (whether male or female) confess to the person they love, even though the person they love are in a romantic relationship with someone else. And oddly, this is often done in a date scenario. The idea is to "close the book" for the loser as their intended gives them a definitive "Sorry, I can't date you" response.

I suppose it is similar to the Japanese ghosts who can't move on to the afterlife due to lingering regrets. So the loser going a date and getting officially rejected removes the possibility lingering regrets.

Power Uploader
What you would expect from a female author. Not throwing shade at Konogi sensei, but I heavily disliked the plot of this chapter as well, Koharu was acting like a total ass.

At least, going with the flow of no-heavy-drama that this title established, we at least got a drama-free conclusion to this arc.
Despite the odds, Koharu managed to get some private time for her brother to talk it out with Eruko, which they resolved their problems and agreed to become friend. Hoshi, being overprotective yet again, nearly got into another fist fight but got made fun of by Yukimi instead, and the chapter ends with these two messing around as the girls watches.

Dex-chan lover
What you would expect from a female author. Not throwing shade at Konogi sensei, but I heavily disliked the plot of this chapter as well, Koharu was acting like a total ass.
Bro what are you talking about?

Dex-chan lover

At least, going with the flow of no-heavy-drama that this title established, we at least got a drama-free conclusion to this arc.
Despite the odds, Koharu managed to get some private time for her brother to talk it out with Eruko, which they resolved their problems and agreed to become friend. Hoshi, being overprotective yet again, nearly got into another fist fight but got made fun of by Yukimi instead, and the chapter ends with these two messing around as the girls watches.
What do you mean talk it out?? Did Yumiki actually confess to Eruko and got rejected??? Or did he realise it's a fucking sleazebag move and just properly told her I want to be your friend and then talked about stuff?

Dex-chan lover
Last panel makes him more of a loser: "he's just a brat"

A) feeling that you are superior for absolutely no reason
B) he can enjoy things while you want to be so adult that become boring and over-analitic. MAYBE that's part of why you are not popular?

Literally no character development, still doesn't understand a thing. Hope after this arc we move over from this duo

t28

Dex-chan lover
Damn… set the man up to fail and made him pay for everyone on top of it… that’s nasty work right there.

Power Uploader
What do you mean talk it out?? Did Yumiki actually confess to Eruko and got rejected??? Or did he realise it's a fucking sleazebag move and just properly told her I want to be your friend and then talked about stuff?
It's exactly it - they talk properly and resolve the misunderstanding between them. Eruko finally came to accept Yukimi isn't hating her, gave him advice on how to look less scary by smiling (Which he does at the end of the chapter), and they agreed to be friends.

Dex-chan lover
I have no idea who the author is but i'm %200 sure its a woman from this chapter alone.

Dex-chan lover
Don't get me wrong, I understand what Koharu's trying to do by setting them up on a date but I still feel like that's a shitty thing for her to do.

Dex-chan lover
>"here's a spoiler for next chapter, it's in a spoiler tag so people can avoid it if they don't want to get spoiled"
>"WHAT!?!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN [describes spoiler in detail] HAPPENS!?!? WTF"

i mean, i opened the spoiler tag anyway so i don't really care, but bro 💀💀💀

Users who are viewing this thread