1 time donation option?

Contributor
Sure. But I don't want a workaround, I just want it to be an option to begin with. And I'd also like to choose the specific amount I want as opposed to predetermined amounts.
You can enter any amount you want though. The levels are just there for the rewards.
From the FAQ

Can I support one-time/yearly rather than monthly?​

Yes! You can cancel support at any time in a few clicks on NamiComi side, so the best way for one-time support is to subscribe for the amount you would like, and then immediately cancel your subscription.

Dex-chan lover
I am curious. How are these payments processed and how is it different than some other method? What I mean is, why wouldn't MD get cut off from these funds vs some other processor? So, then why can't MD set up a Buy Me a Coffee account or something?

Add paypal method for one time donations.
Yes add PayPal so that everyone's money can be seized by PayPal...
Back in ye olden days when MD had a PayPal account it was seized because MD is a pirate site and PayPal is legally obligated (in many countries) to not facilitate money transfers to those that break the law.

Edit: before someone says "well xxx does donations via PayPal", it's only a matter of time before they get reported or found out. Then the account will get seized and so money in it at the time will be lost. "Well then just transfer the money out as some as it gets added", PayPal is not dumb to this and will flag accounts that do that kind of thing for further scrutiny. Which usually has the outcome of losing the account.

Can I support via PayPal/cryptocurrencies?​

PayPal should be available soon!

Cryptocurrencies are a bit trickier (as we need fiat currency to pay for servers and so on), but we are looking at our options in that area.

How are they going to do that? Turn legit?

Last edited:
Power Uploader
I am curious. How are these payments processed and how is it different than some other method? What I mean is, why wouldn't MD get cut off from these funds vs some other processor? So, then why can't MD set up a Buy Me a Coffee account or something?
tbh, I don't think PayPal is gonna last long (especially with a certain publisher on the lookout), and with Ko-fi you can report a "Copyright issue" in a few clicks.
NamiComi staff are friends with MD staff, so that's probably going to last longer.

Can I support via PayPal/cryptocurrencies?​

PayPal should be available soon!

Cryptocurrencies are a bit trickier (as we need fiat currency to pay for servers and so on), but we are looking at our options in that area.

How are they going to do that? Turn legit?
lmao

Users who are viewing this thread