10,000 Light-Year Binoculars - Oneshot

Aggregator gang
This is super cute, but I think I would have preferred that the author left it at the image being 10,000 years in the past. Makes it bittersweet.

I don't even understand what happened at the end there, after she went home.

Double-page supporter
AdiBPrO.jpg

Dex-chan lover
That hit me right in the heart, though ti's kinda cool to think that anyone could be looking at our planet and see romans or cavemen.

@ShadeLights what are you even talking about? 10 000 light years is not so much distance in big picture (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light-year), considering distance between the Earth and the centre of the Milky Way is about 26 000 light-years - and the fact the Milky Way is about 100 000 light-years across, alien girl also lives in same galaxy.

Also 10 000 light years is literally just 10 000 years in the past if using faster than lightspeed travel like warping.
There was Hominini already like million years ago before modern time (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic).

Dex-chan lover
So sad, and so bittersweet. At least she was happy to see that the humans was still alive, even if she ended up superimposing her long dead love to a random human scientist (I guess we look alike to them, like others do to us. Makes particular sense as it was japanese ppl Kappa). I wonder if she will yandere herself over him because of it, despite him being someone entirely unrelated, or if the message will have been in transit for so long he already died anyway.

Also, fun that they believed that the message was truly extraterrestial. I guess they analyzed the 'paper' to figure that out, but the mere fact it received enough attention to be analyzed is weird enough.
Thou as they did end up believing it, I am curious what they think of the method of transportation: "Hm, a mostly regular paper can be folded in such a way that it can cross space and reach another planet when thrown? We must fund all our money into origami!!!"

edit: ps: Do note that she actually only learned their writing system, so she must actually have no clue what they are saying in the video clip. So all she knows is that "humans are alive, they found my message (he holds up her message, not his script), made a reply, and smiles like how that other naked monkey who I fell in love with smiles".

@youdontknowwho Yea, but the thing is that when she goes to deliver the message he's been dead for 10000 years. So the question is, how did he get the message?

Why everyone here debating about light year and sort? It's just fiction, you can do anything on fiction. All end well, end well

Users who are viewing this thread