10-kago ni Menhera ni Naru Gyaru - Ch. 13 - Day 3 [Lvl 4]

Dex-chan lover
While this looks good on paper, I can't imagine it happening in real life without it becoming a toxic relationship

Dex-chan lover
While I'm very put off by what she did (on a meta level, I was expecting "Suggestive" to mean "Suggestive"; in terms of story, she manipulated him into it by disrespecting his resolve and asserting that it was only the result of finding her unattractive), I don't believe that constitutes any kind of assault-- much less rape.

Otherwise, agreed.
Nah, getting sex through guilt tripping and emotional manipulation is rape, and those few pages were filled with it.
-"It's because I'm not attractive enough that you won't do it!"
-"If you don't I'll cancel our date!"
-"Don't say no!"
-"If you run, I'll break up with you."
And even tho he nutted he still didn't have his hands on her. The next page from his perspective shows he even backed off and apologized to HER after.
This chapter showing her crying and profusely apologizing after realizing what she did is nice, because yeah...what she did was awful lol.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, getting sex through guilt tripping and emotional manipulation is rape,
It is not. Let's not undermine what rape is-- this doesn't have to be rape in order for it to be awful. In fact, it would (logically, at least) be a point-of-no-return condition if it were.

He wasn't physically constrained, incapacitated, unconscious, mentally disabled, or even blackmailed. She has no position of power over him. Neither of them are children (or, rather, they're legally allowed to have sex with each other). She doesn't even have real leverage over him-- this relationship is not directly or indirectly necessary for this guy's life. He could have as well have threatened to break up with her instead of acquiescing to her new terms for the relationship/giving into her emotional manipulation-- and calling her bluff and squarely rebuking her in the last hapter might have had her apologizing like this back then.

Trying to cast this as rape distracts from what actually happened. What she did was bad because she unfairly called into question his attraction/care for her-- while banking on it to be real, paradoxically-- in order to get shallow validation at the cost of compromising (and getting him to compromise) his virtues despite her willingly going out with this guy who doesn't want to have sex right away. It's a nasty impugning of his feelings for her despite the fact that she knows very well that she started this relationship just because she wanted to have sex for having sex's sake. It's excessive because all she has to say is what she now feels-- she went through that manipulation just to avoid saying she liked him. She even compromised her own resolve to get him to like her without seducing him.

...or maybe the mangaka just wanted an almost sex scene, I dunno.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread