100-nin no Eiyuu o Sodateta Saikyou Yogensha wa, Boukensha ni Natte mo Sekaijuu no Deshi kara Shitawarete Masu - Ch. 14

I didn't have high expectations for this manga as-is, but this chapter made me realize how damn wordy it is. Pages to elaborate on a handful of things we could have figured out upfront, or fully flesh out things that could have been hand-waved instead of keeping to the action. About 20% of the text actually mattered.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just the way the author is drawing this, but seeing them staring casually at the ogre and discussing it without a care while the thing is casting spells is really funny. They don't look like the sharpest tools in the shed.

Double-page supporter
@NrgSpoon It wouldn't even be as bad if the misspelling were consistent, because then I could at least assume that that was how this manga does it. But they go back and forth between "ogre" and the incorrect spelling, sometimes within the same speech bubble.

lol, the ladies are just chit chatting there while watching the enemy launching it's attack
ah, i forgot to turn off my brain while reading.

Dex-chan lover
@introvertchild - mages, especially the non-adventuring kind, are often like that. Quickly jumping into danger is for fighters, while magic is about learning, thinking and preparation.

Dex-chan lover
@flannan Eh I don't mean they need to rush the ogre or anything. But it's clearly hostile and abnormal, you'd think they would be more prepared for some kind of attack. Some kind of shield? Preparation to launch counterspells? Instead they just relied on the building's enchantment and stand around talking to each other. No other preparation or real reaction. No real panic, especially considering there were children in the place too.

Users who are viewing this thread