100-nin no Eiyuu o Sodateta Saikyou Yogensha wa, Boukensha ni Natte mo Sekaijuu no Deshi kara Shitawarete Masu - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
Sigh.

So 5-10 chapters for each of the 100 heroes.... so at least 500-1000 chapters? I'm sorry mangaka-san. That is REALLY stretching it considering your meh art skill and the straight-up boredom of this manga. This would have been pretty interesting if they cut it to 0-1 chapter of travel, 3 chapters of toying with a hero, rinsing and repeating. But come on, 3 chapters to fix a flat tire (tire being the horse's ass) and slap some bandits? An omake that is longer than your regular chapters just to say that there is 2 heroes in the next town? The next hero knows Aizen is in the room but it's going to take 4 more chapters for them to actually meet, isn't it? Are you TRYING to attract the mighty axe-kun? Because THIS is how you get axe-kun to notice you.

Complaints aside, I like the story. I just wish it would speed up, even just a little. Cheers!

Dex-chan lover
Oh cool, so included in the heroes are those that contributed to the arts.

@zarian2 I don’t think it’s that big of a problem. Ultimately this is just an adaptation for the WN and partly just advertising and exposure for the source material. WN concepts are normally designed to be long as freak from the start (I’ve yet to find a fantasy one completed with less than 300 chapters), but each chapter is a fairly short read and you’re meant to be in there for the long haul. I think the art is fine, but regardless with rushed chapters manga adaptations run the risk of missing important details, ruining the pacing, and just being a lackluster attempt. The current pace is pretty good (though i’ll always take longer chapters). You have to remember they aren’t JUST meeting back up with the heroes, but he’s also exploring the world to see how much its changed, recollecting his powers, and giving some more hands on experience and teaching to his newest student, on top of visiting his 100 disciples. The very nature of the story is to be a long haul. WN and LN manga adaptations are... weird. I’ve seen some that cover each arc with a different manga, others get canceled and a new serialization, other finish and get a new manga for the rest of the story, some cover X number of arcs and then just end, and so on. I don’t expect the manga to get to the completion of a story like this (I really don’t expect any). I treat them as a more casual read, and if I get really invested I beg and plead there’s a translation for the source material.

Users who are viewing this thread