100-nin no Eiyuu o Sodateta Saikyou Yogensha wa, Boukensha ni Natte mo Sekaijuu no Deshi kara Shitawarete Masu - Ch. 8.1

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to be frank: I have a hard time believing that this manga is being translated by the same group that is working on Saikyou no Shuzoku ga Ningen Datta Ken, Yondome wa Iyana Shi Zokusei Majutsushi, and Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyo-Ryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. The difference is translation quality is just too glaring.

Dex-chan lover
@MarqFJA87
Seems to me it is a big translation group, so they may have multiple translator with different translating quality.
As reader, we can only help them by noting the translation errors so that they try a better translation.

Dex-chan lover
@Le_Flemard: Yeah, well, the way the translation in this one is, it's not that farfetched to say that almost every page needs to be rechecked for spelling and/or grammar errors and translation accuracy. Mind you, I've seen far worse (e.g. a recent Fechippuru "translation" that was atrocious in both accuracy and typesetting, and thankfully was swiftly taken down), but if I were the head of the group, I'd be appalled when comparing it to the other releases that I had mentioned.

Dex-chan lover
I like the art style but it's hard to be attractive when your plot has little to zero conflict, for a manga playing everything and the clichés straight. Usually these get saved by humour but I can't find any.

I can't understand the plot...
Why are we facing a non existing threat ? To show the power of the protagonist ? Because it will not be a hurdle for him.
We could see so much more, like for example short story of what was the adventures of the 100 disciples. Or at least if you want to follow the adventure of the master make him unable to use 0.01 % of his power or at all and winning by wit and knowledge.

Dex-chan lover
@ebenezer The only way this works is as a tie-in to the main plot hinted at when they said more monsters are nearby. Something like the wind spirit being disturbed by muckery tied to all the monsters. So they talk to the spirit, try to solve the problem and peel back the surface layer of a whole conspiracy or something.

If its not that we would literally be doing this for no good reason. There are better ways to do everything else.

I will point out however that he is an OP masterclass character so he is not going to be truly challenged this early into the story. If he does get challenged it would likely be by his own disciples or an endgame boss encounter which ends in the enemy slinking off to grow in power.

Fed-Kun's army
@insert_name then I said can't help it and exposed the power of my magic fingers.

Afterwards she passed out and never mentioned size again.

Dex-chan lover
It is me or every new chapter the art keeps getting worse?.

Dex-chan lover
I don't mind that there's not "end goal" just yet, but it feels like they're dragging and stretching things out as much as they can. So much unnecessary things depicted that don't even help with the world-building.

Group Leader
@MarqFJA87 I think the translators are set for each series, but the proofreading/copy editing is done by whoever wants to do it, so it can vary from chapter to chapter depending on the proofer's style, whether they prefer to stick mostly to how it is in the translated script or to rewrite entire lines to sound more natural in English

Dex-chan lover
@tathra: You'd think the leader of the group would at least occasionally look at a few pages from each of the recent releases just to make sure that nobody, say, accidentally uploaded the pre-QC version (yes, it happens).

8 chapters in and he still haven’t met any of the disciples. I know they want to set up a bunch of the world but come on... there are 100 people he has to meet and we only see what a few of them. I want to know what all of them did after he left.

Dex-chan lover
@Rehgnehc This entire first arc is probably devoted to just the two we've seen making a fuss about him possibly showing up. I dunno if the author's eventual goal is actually to have him meet up with 100 distinct characters, but it seems like a relatively leisurely trip through a fantasy world is the real focus either way.

The whole 100 disciples things is probably just a way to keep the trip going as long as the author wants since they could change the pace of the trip at any point in time by going well, this city only has one disciple in it but the next one has like 15 'cause they ended up as colleagues in related fields working towards the same goal. For instance, if the author ever had to abruptly end the series for some reason they could just bring in a big bad and have the MC meet all the rest of them on a battlefield leading up to it. It'd feel like a bit of a cop out compared to characters with more individual spotlight time like Mel and Duke, but it'd get the job done if needed.

"This requires an urgent action, so the situation is terrible..." is by far the worst line of dialogue I've seen. Like the person who wrote (or translated) this has never spoken to another human being in their life

Double-page supporter
"We are in need of people who understand Japanese." Clearly. I don't know what the translator has been telling them, but they clearly don't understand Japanese. This is just google translate slightly prettied up.

Dex-chan lover
Why shouldn't he intoduce her to one of his pupils anyway, they're traveling together after all...

Users who are viewing this thread