This is so great, and yet I'm struggling to look past the "no love" thing. I'm chalking it up to different culture and different bdsm tradition, and obviously not all bdsm relationships start as or what up as romantic ones, but having known many people deliriously happy with their partners while living the Lifestyle, and having enjoyed a relationship as a switch myself, I want to make a psa that the "no love" thing is not an absolute rule globally. The bit about hierarchy and equality was hilarious, very amateur understanding of how human power dynamics work.

I love these two idiots. It must be hard to navigate the world of BDSM if you’ve never been in a BDSM relationship before, and having an echo chamber group of friends with the same interest to talk to that have their mind set in one way about the rules of the particular interest could have you try and cement ideas that aren’t necessarily true. In this case and in reality, while you don’t necessarily have to have romantic feelings for your BDSM partner and can have it as a purely businesslike relationship without dating, many people who are into BDSM are dating and are romantically involved and come in with that intention in mind. Just wanted to let people know that BDSM isn’t one set thing with one set of rules besides making sure that everyone is consenting and safe - you and your partner make up the rules of your relationship, and it is important to always keep a clear line of communication open where you both can feel safe expressing your concerns, feelings, and needs.

Users who are viewing this thread