Thanks for the chapter!
Seems the hero has gotten into a rut about acting out his frustrations with physical violence. Is in severe need of anger mismanagement counseling. Needs to learn how to think, debate and sprout meaningless nonsense so any observers won't see him committing assault and murder, but talking the person to death. With the right speech and rhythm anyone will lose their concept of reality, system of values and self worth resulting in a complete system crash (known as brain death, aneurysm, heart attack, or death by shock,) or suicide leaving the hero appearing to be a concerned citizen who didn't make a mess or stain his hands with blood. After all, any small fry thug can get five minutes of satisfaction through physical violence resulting in years of suffering the consequences, while a true genius artist can achieve a more long term satisfaction while making their victim suffer for years rather than days with an impeccable impression and appearance.

Shouldn't affect much my ass. He's the protagonist. Besides, that's just asking for things to happen.

Cale has a money spending issue but he also has an unfortunate people collecting issue. That gets him into trouble. A lot of trouble.

On a completely different note, where are the stars? Or was it because it was a covert branch so they got rid of the stars? I read the first chapter so long ago I don't even know anymore.

Thankfully its actually a prologue and not those "yo dudes, chapte r0 and we call it prologue but its actually a teaser, he! gotcha!".

Users who are viewing this thread