Dex-chan lover
Squinty already had an Eye Reveal... things gonna get serious real quick.

Dex-chan lover
Still no explanation of what determines suit compatibility, huh...

This whole situation's a bit surreal, honestly. It's like if a scrawny 8-year-old joined the special ops because they passed a field test by secretly teleporting to the goal before anyone else. How exactly are they going to prove themselves in the special ops if they lack everything that's expected of them, and can only offer what no one expects and no one can know about but which somehow achieves results?

The only answer I can come up with for Kafka to prove himself is that he'll somehow raise his suit compatibility via his "kaijin factor" or equip a fake/hacked suit that just utilizes his kaijin strength and pretends it's the suit... but more likely, he'll just be thrown into combat and repeatedly mysteriously achieve incredible results. For example, maybe he'll just stay a cadet who's supposed to remain in a support role, yet repeatedly wander onto the battlefield, and then eventually some higher-up will see him standing next to a kaijin's corpse and just arbitrarily promote him. Maybe his suspicious new superior will even uncover his secret and officially recognize him, making him a support cadet who's sent on secret missions to beat tough kaijin.

For the setting's integrity, I'd rather he at least tried to fight the way a troop member fights. That should be what it means to "fight beside Mina". That, or she'd have to learn his secret so he can fight beside her as a kaijin...

Anyway, the twintailed Kikoru is probably my favorite character right now. I kinda want her to hang around Kafka and make Mina jealous.

"How exactly are they going to prove themselves in the special ops if they lack everything that's expected of them, and can only offer what no one expects and no one can know about but which somehow achieves results?"

I think you're taking the 'prove himself' angle far too seriously when it pretty clearly is just squinty's excuse to keep Kafka close by so he can investigate him.

Dex-chan lover
Things get real when squinted eyes open! I believe he's a 'good' guy, hopefully...

Dex-chan lover
kaikalaila

He's good as far as we know, but as of now an antagonist to Hibino. He threatens figuring out his secret and possibly initiating his downfall.

I wonder how much the Suit thing is gonna play into the story with Kafka. We know that the Suits are made of Kaiju fibers, and that 0% is a stupidly low compatibility rate, so Im curious if its his Kaiju-ness that is somehow hampering his ability to use the suit and that its not just a bit of a gag to cement his suckiness as a troop member. Maybe he'll find out a way to replace the suits Kaiju fibers with his own to increase his compatibility? As MangaMonger said, I hope the story doesnt just go down the route of "the super mega powerful Kaiju just so happens to die every time this cadet disappears," cause that would be generic and bland as hell. Id rather our MC doesnt just pull out his "I win" button for every conflict and never get found out because reasons. Hopefully our squinty commander keeps a good enough eye out to prevent this from happening, so we can get some interesting story.

I mean, thanks to mushroom head guy, our guy can enter the platoon even if just be as a cadet.
He's done more than what the main girl is doing.

Fed-Kun's army
so far i only got 2 theories of the humanoid kaijuus, they are humans but being take over by a parasite, because the "bug" talk before enter his body. or the other guy is a real kaijuu that can disguise and the "bug" is a third party?.

Users who are viewing this thread