Dex-chan lover
But why ?

Why post an inferior version when there’s already a better one available

Double-page supporter
Image quality and lack of sfx are inferior for sure, but grammatically this one is superior. Maybe just see if you can work together instead.

Using "dove" though, ugh.

Dex-chan lover
I liked th previous one better not because of the SFX bu because it sound less formal.
> Let's return to this island of ours
sounds passive.

> Very well done.
Bad emphasis

> Ray is back
Is this a person?

> We will definitely catch!!
Catch what?

> With Asuka I will hit "Ray"....
Once again is this a person? You need to put "The" before it.

>Under water
Underwater

>.... Strength that ray.
Incoherent sentence.

> Wow I understood.
Is this the correct TL?
Because the emphasis is really different from the previous TL.

And some more different context

It's just you probably need a QC for everything lol.

But you know, it's kinda....blurry ? or maybe it's just my eyes.
Anyway, keep up the good work.😁

Nah it's not. /a/nônymos work definitely better. Less formal and easier to read than yours, plus they did redraw, typesetting, sfx and quality images better to compromise with the grammar error.

You just search some attention by complaining after 77 chapters, and they just make their comeback after 7 months of vacuum. Where the hell are you anyway in those 7 months if you think you can do it better than them.

@4altera I just checked, you're right. I assumed someone independent of /a/nonymous took up the series after they dropped it.
Fair enough, the raws are lower quality and I didn't translate the SFX.

@Xaelath Yeah the first two points are correct. I translated directly from the raws, but the next day I went back and changed some sentences because it looked like I copied them from the other guy.
I tried to stay as close to the original meaning as possible, but "nice fight!" isn't something I hear very often in English. I'm sorry.
You mixed up all the other ones, though. They were in the other version, not mine.

I messed up some vocabulary, too.
>underwater
>dove

Dex-chan lover
@calmApple
If it's something I learn from being a translator it do be making it sound formal or informal depends on the subject or context and following the same context either localised or shortened. At some cases, It doesn't have to be the same as "original meaning" as long as the context does match the raw.(quote from someone who was translating for years)

That's why in this case QC is very important for translating. (Or just read some manga for more examples)

I think I did mixed the complain, sorry about that. I was comparing it on a phone.

/a/ indeed dropped it though but it's kind of weird to complain about grammar and make a self scanlation right away after their comeback.
You could have just told them about it and they'll probably fix it.

Team up, you fools! One person edits, the other checks the grammar! It'll be a valuable lesson in teamwork, just like the manga itself.

Users who are viewing this thread