this is getting stupit, either upload a new chapter or drop this, we don't need ch. 2.1 for the 5th time.

Dex-chan lover
It's as easy as 1 2 3. Just imagine your dad's bald head and say light. Simple as that

Double-page supporter
Nobody cares about faster releases if you have to split chapters.
Also not a compelling narrative to make me want to help you, it just sound sketchy and kinda scummy.

Dex-chan lover
I'm tired of hearing people cry about split chapters grow up and stop behaving like children. It's bizarre and pointless to behave this way, I don't even understand why it bothers people.

Anyways anyone else amused that they felt the need to do a recap on chapter 2 lol I don't know that I've seen that before.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo
At least he didn't say RIP scanlations blabla...
oops wrong he has done it here https://mangadex.org/thread/298420/3 and was too lazy to edit it

Ahahahahah that muscle goblin's the best!
11-c13be889eb9dd70f9293f1b02b10bf682f1893e85b1a3c4cfd3006fec4e4e4c0.png

I also wonder why no Dragon Ball character ever farted when powering up! 🤔

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for translating this. I am really looking forward to future chapters.

The other comments are very toxic for this chapter, I suggest others not read them.

People get to read these chapters for nothing, and they still bitch about split chapters and reuploads.

Just mute these trashy people.

@Halo

I shit you not, that was the greatest thing I saw on mangadex ever.

Have a free internet point, kind sir.

Fed-Kun's army
im not one to complain but christ stop uploading the same chapter over and over

We complain because many of us read it already on this site as a whole chapter

Dex-chan lover
@Zones

I'm not going to complain about having a proper translation, but I would like to point out that scan groups who split chapters to release are doing something that is arguably wrong.

If they are splitting a chapter when it was not, then they are changing the pace and presentation of the chapter. We are not getting the same experience (such as cliffhangers) that was intended by the author.

Additionally, scan groups have rules they usually follow about not sniping each other's projects. If a project hasn't had updates for a while, then it can be taken over. Releasing part of a chapter obviously games the system since it means that the group is "maintaining activity" on a project. Taken to its extreme, they could split chapters into its pages and release a page every 2 months or something.

It's also generally confusing. Are they splitting the chapter in 2? 3? 4 parts? Are the parts of even size? When it comes to the release of the final part of the chapter, since they take down the previous parts and release the whole chapter, how does a reader of the split chapters get to the pages he hasn't read?

Don't get me wrong; I don't have strong feelings about this and I do enjoy reading quality translated manga for free but I do think the practice of scan groups taking splitting chapters into their own hands to be wrong.

Perhaps a way to solve this issue would be for MangaDex to provide a means to manage the partial upload of a chapter. Say, a scan group could create a Chapter XX in the status partial. They could update this chapter as they go through the scanlation process, uploading a single page or more and providing the date of each update. Then once the chapter is complete, it could be released, and we'd all get notifications and be able to start reading the completed chapter. If someone wants to be notified of an update to a partial chapter, they could set that up, and they could read the currently uploaded pages of the partial chapter, maybe even jump to the pages they haven't read if the system kept track of which parts of the chapter were read. If someone wants to check if a scan group is still active on a project, the partial chapter would provide proof of activity. (Although if a chapter takes months to release, that's hardly a strong argument that the project is active.) This would make MangaDex a great site for scan groups to manage their manga projects and its progression. Maybe raws could be shared, translation, unproofed versions, all openly. Maybe this could improve collaboration between people with different skills. Instead of having a group of people who work together, you could have users contributing translation, cleaning, raws, proofreading on various projects without being in any group. I'm sure there'd still be issues, but perhaps "open" scanning could be a thing instead of having closed groups do their thing on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread