Well Ig that's a was declaration Japan u can attack even if the USA gets trunk-kun like u did it's self defense so it's ok

not a spoiler, but for use against slower-than-missile wyvern, the ship's main gun ( should be 127mm ) is more than enough. gotta keep the war-spending to the minimum

Dex-chan lover
@ ElZavier I don't know; the manga's artstyle, despite the sketchy look, had been pretty explicit (and narratively liberal; or even comical, depending on how one sees it) as far as I could tell, particularly about Gim. I imagine that the depictions of any further tragedies or atrocities ahead could only escalate from here on.

@Nawdir
dunno if this is spoiler or not but Japan will be undergoing a huge economic boom from all the exports and all the infrastructure contracts taken from their neighbouring allies. It is said that Mitsubishi and alike had accepted contracts worth of 30 something years in line.

Aggregator gang
this is great!! i didn't think tha author would put physics thought into this! especially tele-com side.

so basically visible spectrum for dragon's eyes is wider than human's right? it's not wrong that wind dragon say "watching us using light" because basically there is two radio frequencies emited, first is lower frequency (usually few hundreds MHz) to detect any objects in range, second is microwave frequency (few GHz) to track specific object detected by first frequency, this second frequency is emited 'pointedly' to that specific object, while first frequency is emited to 'all direction'. so it's right way to say 'watched' rather than 'detected', if we only use lower frequency, they will be just 'detected'. but... i wonder if that dragon's eyes were alright, cuz EM emmited by radar is usually have a large energy density... i wonder if that dragon saw a very bright light from the ship.

you may see in movies, that radar antenna is spinning, that use lower frequencies! while in some movies you may see the antenna is tracking plane, that is when the radar using microwave freq! what's collected from radar (this is my thought): range, object's speed, object's direction, object's size

well i'm still studying, so my explanation may incorect. well my point is that visible spectrum for dragon is wider than human's

What happen to Diplomat other nation from earth? They become Japan Citizen? Do they panic?

Shame battleships are no longer in service, imagine their reaction to a modernized Yamato or aircraft carrier when all they're witnessing is just destroyer or at most cruiser strength.

Contributor
@McQuinn Not citizens immediately, but they're probably given the equivalent of "Permanent Resident" status and treated as honorary citizens until it can 100% be determined that they can't get back to Earth.

Dex-chan lover
@Sleepycat
Ikr, Yamato would def be unchallengeable in this world. Only reason it lost was it was too much too late in WW2. Airship carriers were the way to go.
Although, I do see them having a harder time fending off Wyverns since the more modern battleships have their auto-cannons and it only had mostly regular flak guns,
but I think Yamato would definitely rule the seas regardless.

Well, the author ( again ... sigh ) shows he knows nothing about international law ( like most mangakas , TBH ). Embassies are territory of the country using them, period ... and no ambassador can alienate their country's territory unless they have a plenipotenciary letter from their government, that, due to the ease of communications since telegraph and radio were invented, pretty much does not exist nowadays, or explicit orders from their home country, something that is obviously not happening here.

So, basically what happened here would be akin of Japan invading all the countries of the world ... that would be a fun prospect for when and if Japan returns to our world :p and would definitely not add to the pretense that the country wants to project that is still working according to international law ;)

A far more realistic scenario would be Japan keeping the foreign embassies working as they were and convene a mini-UN from the ambassadors to give legitimacy to whatever Japan wants to do outside ( remember, while Japan legally can't attack any country, they can ( and already did ) participate in UN "peacekeeping" missions of more or less offensive nature ). But that would not be enough Nippon Banzai , apparently ...

Dex-chan lover
"To be continued =>"
<cue 'Roundabout'>

Well the foreign embassies would eventually have to shut down as they would run out of funds to run them. It would make sense for the members to sell them back to the Japanese government.

@AMetroid

The issue is that, by international law, ambassadors can't sell the embassies without a plenipotenciary letter and Japan can't buy them without treating with someone with plenipotenciary powers... and in this manga the author has shown that Japan still wants to keep the pretenses of respecting international law. And, because they don't know if they will be brought back to our world at any point or not, it would not be wise to do anything that could sit badly with the international community ...

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1

Law depends on there being an enforcement mechanism. With all earth governments no longer existing the idea that they "can't" do something because of international law is just sophistry.
I don't think other countries with any diplomatic power are going to peruse grievance for their ambassadors selling the embassies after being summoned to another world. Exigent circumstances and all.
I agree that the author likely didn't put much thought into the issue. The whole story, after all, is just "Lets watch glorious Japan SDF ROLF stop scrubs".

@AMetroid

I do not disagree that, realistically, eventually Japan would discard the pretense of having a international community around ... my point was that you can't pretend to abide by international community rules and then land grab foreign territory just because you can. It was the author that made a fuss that Japan was only protecting Japanese interests when ROFLstomping the enemies of the elves and definitely not attacking anyone ( because Japan can't attack anyone nowadays ;) ) , not me :p

Users who are viewing this thread