Group Leader
I hope you all understand that scanting is illegal, so there shouldn't be any "You can't snipe" etc. Scanlators are basically stealing an author's work tbh.. There's no need for criticism.

Thank you! There was a conversation there that I didn't understand, but overall, the story seems really awesome!

Group Leader
M'kay... uh... a snipe out of nowhere? Lemme get my two cents in while keeping this brief.

"Sniping" is kinda dumb, both conceptually and practically. It fails to define the essence of what it is and why you shouldn't do it. The "morality" of it is 100% situational and up for debate, but this instance can be summed up pretty easily.

Some people are self centered. And I'm sorry, but there's no excuse for just being a shitty person.

Perhaps they weren't aware that this wasn't a very good idea? idk

Edit :: bro i saw this sentence and it's like "hm lemme add a single word onto it that'll make me sound sm@rter"

i do appreciate the fact that you do projects that interest you, but if someone else is doing it (and if their last release was literally 2 days ago), i don't see the point in sniping? groups work really hard on chapters and people like you who make their work go to waste seriously tick me off.

@lordcocoa

I do not see the point of NOT sniping if you want to?

The previous group didn't paid to have translating rights anyway, y'all dumb

who's gonna bet that the uncle is connected to the accounting fraud, embezzlement, etc? 🙄
that would be a chance to somehow get rid of him 🤔

@raeleenxs well...your half wrong and half right...So as you know the scan groups aren't STEALING from the author. It's not like they are saying "oh, this work is ours and we drew it out and everything". They are only translating it into different languages so that people can understand them. But I know where you are coming from. Yes, there are a lot of people that read the version in their language rather than the original, which doesn't profit the author. But that doesn't mean it gives you the right to offend people who spend HOURS just to translate. I am also a translator on a different website and believe me..it's hard. We translators have to put a lot of work and time into the translation. Please try to be more mindful of what you say in the future from now on 🙂🙂

im really thankful that shes trying to translate this, but if the sentences dont make sense and are very confusing, i would appreciate it if she put a warning sign on the first page or ask for understanding.. bcos it wasnt what i came for and it really raised my hopes up

@Camin it's a waste of time for both groups if someone decides to snipe active releases. yes, prev group has no rights to translate - hardly any groups on mangadex has the right to translate, however both WCS and comments like yours are invalidating the amount of effort that's being put into chapters. this is why ~scanlation etiquette~ exists.

Group Leader
@itskona dude, can you please stop sniping? The last group's update was 2 days ago and I promise you, this month and next month, there will be a surge of new manhwas for you to do, there's even one in kakao that hasn't been translated. So could you please stop and let the other group do their thing...

PSA: Pronouns are important. If they're all screwed up, the story makes zero sense.

And you can't even say "well at least they tried", because another group is already actively on this.

Users who are viewing this thread