10th - You and I Fell in Love With the Same Person - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - Childhood Friends

Dex-chan lover
Wow.
This...
I approve of this!

I mean... “I can’t feel the same as you do” is a perfectly fine answer.

“I just want to be friends with you”.

One guy is gay, and can’t return her feelings.

The other guy is (probably?) straight and can’t return his.

This is all fine.

Isnt Take's last sentence 'i will be on your care my childhood ' means that its green light for take and umeko . Take said that he dont like her in romantical way that she like but Take also say that ' I dont know if I will ever see you in romantical way' ( ısnt that means there is still a chance with take and umeko )

Also when take ask for favour .Is Take wants from macchan be boyfriend of umeko ( macchan call haruko which is first name of umeko )

Group Leader
Okay, I started this series thinking the girl would win like always, and the gay guy suffers. But no, this ending is perfect! No one wins, and to be honest, I don't think anybody loses. This is the true definition of youth where we are still finding ourselves and love is not exactly a definite thing nor should it be for kids this age. I am glad they are still friends and I hope all three of them, off the paper, find their partners when they're older!

Dex-chan lover
Everyone was rejected, yet everyone is together and happy :') I always felt like romantic endings were the end all, be all but platonic love is just as important.

.....this manga was beautiful. Best manga I've read in a long time.
__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__mnn__images__2019__07__man_crying-96d9d93a14dd4359a5baf924df0c5a52.jpg

I feel so fulfilled by this ending. What an absolutely wonderful story. Praying for their happiness in the future!

Contributor
Oh, it ended pretty well. I'm surprised. They actually went through with the platonic route. That's rare

thank you so much for translating this until the end
oohh the ending is beautiful
I'm really glad they're all just friends

Dex-chan lover
so happy for everyone tbh, they all gained two solid friends at the end. also macchan's tears connected with my tearducts

man that romance tag got me, but it meant love for those around us. I want to feel dissatisfied with the ending, but it was actually quite refreshing. I am curious though about their future.

Double-page supporter
@aeonnn
It isn't really a green light for Take and Umeko because at this point, I think they all consider each other their childhood friends, which is what Macchan wanted to be upgraded to in a few years time. It's also in a very platonic context; they're graduating, just got rejected and now they're thinking about the future and how they have to split up for now.

@Zappier18
Take's favor is asking Macchan to call everyone by their first names, since the reason he started calling Haruko Umeko was because he didn't think she was a sunny person at all. He also hated his first name because his body was so weak that he couldn't fly or run, but he's realized that they've all grown.

Group Leader
I actually really liked that ending. They all loved each other and what makes their love any less than "romantic" love? There's more to life than romance and they stayed together even through their roller coaster emotions. The saddest thing is when friendships are absolutely wrecked by romance... Everything you built up over the years gone in a split second.

I hope the three of them stay together forever.

Fed-Kun's army
@aeonnn Take sexuality depend on what the mangaka decided lol.😅 We can assume he is a gay or exclusive gay for macchan. We don't know, since we only had macchan as his love interest. Well for me, its looks like Take a gay.

Its not weird that Take can't love umiko the same way umiko love him. Even IF he isn't gay. They talk about it. Shit like this happened all the time irl. Except the talk part. Thats why i love this manga. THEY TALK.

Double-page supporter
i burst into tears just like umeko did when they all started finally calling each other by their first names 😭💗
this was such a sweet and heartwarming story, i'm really glad it showed the strength of their friendship that nothing can get in the way of them all staying best friends even after all this love triangle stuff, because a lot of other times confessing romantic feelings could permanently change things and some people can never go back to being friends the same way they were before and it makes me so sad, so this one is really wholesome and healing to me to see how much these 3 love each other even if it's not in that kind of way :') thanks for tl this beautiful story <3

Double-page supporter
aaaaa no romance but we get platonic childhood friend end!!! thank you so much for the chapter!! 🥺🥺😭😭💖

I can’t say I’m not disappointed there was no end-game romance (in particular Take/Macchan), but at the same time I know this was a fitting ending for these characters, and their friendship is so beautiful! Thank you for translating! Also, I love how they came to appreciate their given names. That was a really sweet detail.

Users who are viewing this thread