@syroz I think that both of them still believe that. The difference is Makima believes that while it's worth it to find that movie, she wants to make it easier by purging the world of shitty movies. Whereas Denji believes that the journey is an important part of truly appreciating that one good movie.

i love that Denji has desire for a better life than what he's been living i.e. what Makima has been feeding him. "I want to eat steak" feels like a statement to that, to me at least

Fed-Kun's army
I love how profound denji can be in his own, stupid way, what he is saying is that he thinks that the shitty parts of life are what make you strive for the better parts of it, but he says it like a 5 year old.

Dex-chan lover
Did anyone else thought for a second the movie part was a reference to Fire Punch? Don't know if it really is, but it resembles a bit of Togata's relation with movies lol

Fed-Kun's army
I think this chapter is an allegory of "what is wrong feels good" he wants to eat steak for breakfast and have lots of girlfriends because it is wrong to do so (in a way). It is like speaking of free will, in the sense of once you stare at the abyss you start to wonder what's deep inside. We play a dangerous game every day to fight or indulge on those desires. Is like saying I want to let loose for once and not think of consequences. Therefore, you wanna watch a crapy movie just to hate it, to be free in a twisted way.
I think the date (the one people refer in the comments) was a way of shoving humanity on to him so he could have something to grieve for, like he's doing right now.
Seems to be very complex, but I'm starting to think that the chainsaw man is the antithesis of the control devil. He's pure chaos, over the top movie like persona. An exaggeration of wildest dreams, revered for being the unexpected thing that makes us humans, but deeply feared at the same time, because we don't want to lose control.

Author : makes shitty story
Fanboys : it's time for unrealistic psychological evaluations , grab yo pens

Double-page supporter
A reference on Fire Punch, and calling out on Makima's bullshit during their date

Dex-chan lover
@Sode To be fair, you need to analyse a story first before declaring it shitty. Doing so without giving it the benefit of the doubt is superficial in its own way. Ain't gonna throw shade onto someone for trying to understand this convoluted piece of fiction.

Users who are viewing this thread