Aggregator gang
@Alexanpt

Personally, I liked simp-san more. It was a humorous take on things, in my mind, and it gave me a good chuckle.

Sad to see fun little creative liberties get thrown out the window due to a few angry weebs readers.

Group Leader
@Seoul Well, I'm glad at least someone (and probably a few more people) enjoyed my humor :)

I lose trust like this, though. Because people don't know what was written beforehand and I guess I'm not trusted enough for people to trust me on that one, ya get me?
But I assure you, I would never do something relevant to the chapter/manga dirty. Like the game Gab is playing, it's called "Beast Hunter" and I was like "Well, I'm not an official release so why naut just go with the actual name of the game?"

Dex-chan lover
@Alexanpt you doing this for free doesn't mean you're immune to criticism from free readers. You're free and most welcomed to make a credit page joke about it and everyone wouldn't even bother saying anything about it, some might even meme it along with you ( I personally do this to many other TL and do my own meme with them), but to make memes in the actual translation in a wholesome manga like this one, which really takes the wholesome immersion out of it, is worth my time in pointing it out.

Have a good day.

Aggregator gang
@Alexanpt: I do very much appreciate you going to the truoble of translating this series. But I do have to agree with a previous poster that I believe meme-style jokes like that should be restricted to credit pages rather than used in the main chapter. Becuase placing it in the chapter itself changes the feel of the interaction in ways that the author didn't intend.

Unless, of course, it's a meme that the author themselves actually put in there, that's a whole different matter.

Of course, if you want to do a meme-laden joke translation you are free to do so, but in that case it would be nicest of you to put a page in front of the chapter saying something like "Hey, this isn't a real translation, I'm just messing around for fun" or something.

Group Leader
@madcat6204 Nyaw, it ok, I get in trouble like this all the time because I don't know how to behave. I just felt really sad and a bit angry, that's all. I try to do my best at having accurate translations but sometimes it just slips like this. And the fact that this is basically all I do all day... but it's fine now, my head is cool. I would just like to apologize for this.

@neppedupplayer April fools only comes once a year :pepehands:

Users who are viewing this thread