@hokujin Actually this chapter is longer than a lot of weeklies (most come in around 16-20 pages, from what I remember, this was 22). I think the impression that it's a "short" chapter is just from the pacing and the briefer dialogue that comes with battle (but maybe that's what you meant, less dialuge/panels per page?) making it move along at a faster pace.

Not terribly important. What I think is kind of interesting is the differences between Shueisha's english translation and Viz' translation.:
Shueisha obviously goes with "Monster" instead of "Kaiju", but more than that, is Reno using "Sir" in Viz and just "Hibino" in Shueisha. The sequence of "Fun-Guy" going with a stronger attack is also worded a bit differently: "I see. You're tough. In order to kill you... I'll need to go bigger." vs. "I see. You're a tough one. In order to kill you, I might need at least this much." None of this has a large impact, nor does it seem to change the overall flow of the text, I just think the editorial and translation decisions are interesting. Personally I'm used to just going with "Kaiju" (and there are other types of creatures that "monster" applies to), but there are elements that Shueisha's translation has that Viz' lack and so on.

I just realized he is Shin Godzilla. He is literally Shin Godzilla in humanoid form

Users who are viewing this thread