Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind if One Piece was drawn in a similar art style. And if there was more chapters like this one.

What's with not showing Luffy's and Usopp's faces, though? :D

Fed-Kun's army
My guess is because Luffy and Usopp's face art are different from the others so it made it too hard to match with the others without compromising their charm.

Altough i dont like the artstyle, i think thats a nice example of the relationship between Zorro and Sanji. They may not really like eachother, but they respect eachother and cover eachothers back in serious situations. Just think back on their general badassery during the "Davy Back Fight" arc during the ballgame.

Love chapters like these. A great way for other mangaka to add a little bit of their spice to a monster of a series like One Piece. Having characters drawn in different styles is also a big plus imo. Also he doesnt show Luffy and Usopps face either because they are not important to the story or just that he didnt or wasnt able to draw them in his style maybe? Really cool touch imo

Dex-chan lover
Really really good extra! It's so nice to see how other mangakas handle a chosen selection of the characters for a chapter or two.
The Sanji / Zorro moments in this where so top notch. Stuff the normal release can't really get to anymore.
I literally choked on the moment Sanji used Zorro sword. Truly an epic moment!

For a second I thought the art looked different and now that I read the comments it made sense why

Dex-chan lover
I don't remember a chapter of One Piece I've ever disliked. Now I have one. Why would they give a different author the chapterr 1000 special?

@trenslime
it’s just an extra to go along with the 1k release, not the 1k itself
we might see a few more of these by different mangaka/artists next release as well to keep the celebration going
plenty of series do this to celebrate a special occasion, just think of this chapter as a doujin made by the food wars mangaka

Lol, surprised that we're seeing this drawn by the Food Wars guy. XD But it fits Sanji and Zoro's relationship quite since it reminds me a little bit of Soma's relationship with most other hotheaded chefs.

Double-page supporter
@trenslime This is not the only one though. Other mangaka of other Jump manga have been drawing a special chapter to celebrate One Piece's 1000th chapter. This kind of thing has been done for many times in Shounen Jump history so I don't get why you are so salty.

@Bigjuneof

Its Roc. Its a mythical bird. So the improved version of "Red Hawk" (an actual bird - duh! :D)

@trenslime

You being serious? :D a) its titled 1000.5 and EXTRA... and b) its clearly set far in the past of One Piece... ergo its OBVIOUSLY a tribute chapter to celebrate the series reaching 1000 and not the actual chapter 1000... I mean come on... its not hard to figure that out.

Users who are viewing this thread