"Why didn't lightning work!?"
"I'm rubber!"
"Why didn't Blast Breath work!?"
"Sheer fucking will!"

I was worried Kid would be useless after his terrible performance during stampede, but at least he is doing better than sanji

Fed-Kun's army
Wow this was horrible translate.
I wonder what happened to the normal MANGA plus crew.

The pages are all messed up in horizontal view too >_>

I haven't never liked Manga plus translations but this is garbage even for them.

The chapter itself was ok, lighting immunity is nice to be remembered but fire resistance is plain stupid plot armour and has tested resently for comic relief.

Dex-chan lover
Luffy doesn't exhibit any 'fire resistance' here. As he said, it was pure guts/will. He took the full hit, powered through and landed his own attack. It's not like he hasn't done that in the past, like his final attack against crocodile for example.
It just goes to show that he can now take even stronger hits and power through. His Gear 4 has also been shown to give him greater general resistence than usual.

So basically it’s Enel and Kaido vs our heroes. But this time Enel isn’t mind bogglingly incompetent.

I don't think it's plot armor. I mean, geez for 1000 chapters you'd "accept" that Luffy can weather anything just because he's crazy.

@baboysai @Frozeneye

Exactly. Its not like he didnt feel the fire breath attack. He was coated in Haki in Gear 4... so ofc by the logic of Haki he can "resist" it - he is not "immune" to it. He punched through Don Kriegs spike cape, was dehydrated and impaled by Crocodile, beaten to a pulp by Rob Lucci and severely poisoned by Magellan (just a FEW examples)... but THIS is whats going to far now?

I mean lets be clear here. On a META level ofc this is "plotarmor" since this is a story and a shoenen battle-manga story at that. Your telling me the hero will ultimatly win no matter what? No really? Also in breaking news: Water is wet and the sky is blue.

But in terms of build up of Luffy (and many other characters in One Piece) this is just normal development.
Also its not only bad-ass, its also funny the way this scene plays out:

Kaido: Guts (or Willpower if you prefer - not "Haki=Willpower", but the normal meaning of the word) alone wont let you win Strawhat!

Luffy: *powers through the attack*

Kaido: How did you power through that!?!?!?

Luffy: GUTS!

I mean come on... that just like Zoros bad-ass "nothing happened" moment. Its ridiculous "feel good" fantasy, but thats One Piece in a nutshell since chapter 1. Or any shoenen for that matter.
People throw the term plot armor around way to much without thinking properly imo.

You can't just say it isn't plot armor, then just say "ofcs this is plot armor". It's too much of a contradiction.

To say you don't care about it is one thing, but to say it isn't plot armor because you don't care is complete bs

Yes I can because I specifically said META level. On a meta level EVERY STORY EVER TOLD IS PLOT ARMOR. Why did Frodo manage to destroy the Ring? Plot armor. Why did Luke manage to blow up the Death Star? Plot armor!

ETC ETC ETC...

If you are not able to understand what "META" means I really cant help you.

@Hornyturtle

a) who says he took "NO damage"?
b) Now youre pivoting your arguments (lets be charitable and call them that) as you see fit.
c) I have explained everything in great detail about all the times Luffy has powered through things in the course of 1000 chapters... I dont really know what more you want? Except ofc saying that your are right and I am wrong - but that wont happen :D

Users who are viewing this thread