@OP_Zed
The thought of a reincarnator triggered over 'plagiarism' in the medieval ages amuses me. Modern copyright laws are just that, modern. Prior to the modern era, the only one with the authority to prevent counterfeited goods was the crown. France printed their royal seal on the ace of spaces, which stopped copycats from selling complete decks of cards, as only cards produced that paid dues to the crown could feature the royal seal. Anyone caught falsely reproducing the royal seal got the death sentence. In France, the ace of spaces was quite literally the death card. So French print shops simply left out the ace of spaces, which much later became the origins of the idiom 'not playing with a full deck'. Having said that, modern copyright laws do not cover foods. There's a reason brands like Coca-Cola & KFC keeps their exact formulas secret. So even under modern laws our reincarnator is seething over nothing.

>makes a sausage sandwich
>calls it a hotdog
I'm triggered

Dex-chan lover
I truly think shit like "woh, a sandwich!" is the marvel of the Japanese writer, or even just the "Web novelist".
They seem to be people who learnt how to write rather well, but within a bubble. They know how to stretch out chapters, how to write cliff hangers, how to write dialogue to a certain extent -- but as a whole they are completely clueless. So, stupid shit like combining bread with other edibles as "mind-blowing" is often seen in their works.

It just goes to show that to write good stories, you also need to be educated, not just know how to string words together and be smart enough about how you plan your plot.

Dex-chan lover
well after all we have to tick all the tropes, cant be isekai without a cook that wants to learn stuff

Here comes the cooking arc which will lasts for a while and dragging the plot.

Contributor
Why are people making quick and dirty low quality releases when we have a perfectly good scanlator group whose last release was only 4 days ago?
Go find a series that was dropped. There are tons out there.

Dex-chan lover
that stupid chef and the childs makes the MC leaves the village

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@Ainz

Food culture/gastronomy is something that takes a lot of time to develop.
And even if it does already exist somewhere it might not be prevalent everywhere.
Because of how poorly information was shared back in medieval times, not everybody has the same knowledge on food.
It's perfectly believable that she ( to them at least ) "invented" the hot dog, even if she might not have invented the hamburger or the sandwich.

There is a reason why "the sandwich" was supposedly " invented" by John Montagu / the fourth Earl of Sandwich.
Even if that is most definitely a blatant lie, as there is evidence of hamburgers being eaten around 300 BC in China.
It's not just a matter of who ate said thing first, you also need to name it and make it a staple food by spreading it around.

Group Leader
@jasty then don't read the bad version???
edit: and they told me that they dont release it rn because of patreon, thats why my version of 13.2 will come after theirs is released. and i didn't rushed it, i used the indonesian version as base of mine because i am running low on finances and redrawing their version completely isnt what i can just do, sorry.

Dex-chan lover
Plagiarism? As if she invented the hotdog lol
I think it's fair game if someone sees you make something that looks good.
It's plagiarism when you make something you invented and they make a cheap knock off for cash

Also dafuq, this civilization looks fairly mature and they still haven't figured out how to combine bread with food?

Dex-chan lover
For christ sake it's just a sandwich. Throughout history there have been strange blindspots all over the place. From the primitive glass of China to the time it took for wheeled luggage to take off today.

And now let the cooking manga begins. Sadly the ecchi parts will hardly ever be present from now on.

Dex-chan lover
It's cheaper to make her own oil instead of buying olive oil, I suppose. If the town is far from production areas, it could be quite expensive indeed.

Dex-chan lover
Of course, she will be attracting attention, because her lifestyle was being put the highest priority which is based on Japan.
If she adapt on the lifestyle of this world, she will not attract attention too much.
But, i understand her. Just by not eating bread or rice for 1 or 2 days, i am weakening day by day.
Let alone MC dont had a proper soy sauce, miso, mayonnaise, and other snack from Japan. She will attract attention because she brings all of that into this world, and the residents are being curious because its totally new to them...

Users who are viewing this thread