20th Century Boys

Contributor
Massive dissapointment, Urusawa had set up a fantastic story arc for friend taking over, but everything after the 2000's Blood new year thing the manga took quite a nose dive in writing. I see what he was going his experience and knowledge is commendable and impressive, butit clearly became more than he could chew, relying on too many coincidences, plot armor and all sorts of necessary suspension of disbelief to make the good guys forcefully win. Really dragged out as well.

Dex-chan lover
Great Manga, even tho it had its ups and downs it was still amazing. All the suspense and the hype was on a whole another level. Also all the old Anime and Manga that Urasawa references just make it so much better.
9/10

Dex-chan lover
That was another masterpiece from Urasawa. Now go read Monster.

I'm at like Chapter 109 and I'm really upset with this manga. The characterization is SO good and the plot seems like it's a banger... But it's hard to suspend my disbelief at some of the things that happen in this manga. Especially regarding the plot. It feels too ass pully for my taste at this point, but everything else is sooooo good which makes it hard to choose between dropping and continuing to read.

Again,
An honest review for those whom seeking a mature seinen. This should be on i'm so bored list.

for anyone feeling there are too many open questions, just go read the sequel 21st century boys.

Of course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v2P_tOHsps

"20 cent dorito!"

Incredibly good until the second flash forward, scattering the characters around once again seems repetitive and several plotpoints are left unexplained.
Sadakiyo, whose defining character trait is "you can't use tricks" somehow survives by burning his car with someone else's body, just to make a brief appearance at the end with little relevance to the plot and die in a hospital. And Kenji returns with just a cliched amnesia after being in the middle of a huge explosion on Bloody New Year's Eve.
Ending and 21CB are rushed af, which is really sad as the final twist would be great with better setup or 1st person element
which made Fukubei's character so much better
(would love to read through the complete edition's edited version if anyone has info on where to find it). Still clever and amazingly written for the most part, would surely recommend. 8/10 rating is well deserved.

OMG This turned into a shit show as soon as Kenji "died". And that happened at 10% of the manga story. Now it's just repeats of the same fucking shit 50 times, stupid drama about who "friend" is even though it's COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT, and then more and more flashbacks of the same shit and more and more people talking about the same shit over and over again........... I'm at chapter 180 and this whole story could be told in less than 20 chapters. Death to slow pace loving mangakas.

Not only the story is mega slow and half the chapters are pointless, but they are now in 2018 and nobody knows who Antonio Inoki or Hulk Hogan is. Are you fucking kidding me?!

20 chapters of people fighting to save the pope even though this whole story is about the danger of being a fucking fanatic.

"Let's save the stupid old guy who lives by a fiction book so the guy who uses a kiddy book doesn't get what he wants."

Wanna save the world? Kill the pope. Kill religion. Kill anyone who believes a dumb book about a gay guy doing orgies with 12 men. All wars and conflicts are caused by fucking cults like christianism, judaism, islamism. End religion and you will get world peace instantly.

20 chapters of people fighting to save the pope even though this whole story is about the danger of being a fucking fanatic.

"Let's save the stupid old guy who lives by a fiction book so the guy who uses a kiddy book doesn't get what he wants."

Wanna save the world? Kill the pope. Kill religion. Kill anyone who believes a dumb book about a gay guy doing orgies with 12 men. All wars and conflicts are caused by fucking cults like christianism, judaism, islamism. End religion and you will get world peace instantly.
"Friend" was a guy who did stuff believing in a book. It's literally what all religions do to manipulate people. It's crazy how even the creator of this manga doesn't realize that.

Fed-Kun's army
More like "thank god it finally ended". 200+ chapters of the same flashbacks being told 10 times.
Well from your messages I take it that you didn't like it at all. Personally I don't remember much about it after four years so I can't really comment on it. What drove you to finish it though?

Users who are viewing this thread