2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock. - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
In late to say I love the Scottish accent. And I totally don't get impendio's objection--how could you represent a localized accent with what "most speakers" speak? These are opposed concepts.

Frankly, I don't really get how people can be broad-minded enough to be interested in media from Japan, but closed-minded enough that they totally can't handle an accent from part of the English speaking world. Really, WTF?

Dex-chan lover
That ego trip thing rings a bell. And it all started from mangadex discord server

I know that this is probably a moot point since this group only did 4 chapters, but god the use of the "Scottish" accent is so distracting, and it also irritates me that they didn't go far enough. Like, throwing in the occasional "ye" "nae" "oot" or random bits of British slang just feels like they're trying to be cute, when they could have gone the extra extra mile and done everything phonetically if they didn't actually know proper Scots. As it stands, it's just annoying cutesy bullshit that kills the readability of the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread