365 Days to the Wedding

@DarthEgg I havent read this just yet, but someone recommended it after reading https://mangadex.org/title/55921/a-rare-marriage-how-to-grill-our-love

The manga is taking a break for this week Comic Spirits.

Another thing, I done some digging. This manga will release 3 chapters in 4 issues of Comic Spirits. If there's a double issue, then it will take longer to have a new chapter.

Aggregator gang
Heh, the Volume 3 cover is traditional Chinese wedding garb (though I wonder what specific region, aren't there quite a few regional variations on Chinese wedding clothes?).

It's got me thinking that one of the later volume covers is going to be a Otoyomegatari/Bride's Story homage, with the 19th Century Turkmenistan wedding robes.

Power Uploader
Lol, autor forgot name of chapter 34 [Are You Okay to Go on a Date? (Part 1)] and get this name to chapter 35, also part 1.

Dex-chan lover
this manga tries to seriously and realistically depict marriage and its challenges.

it fails, because whatever else it may have to say, it will stay silent about the elephants in the room, female infidelity and lack of male authority. they're mutually reinforcing and they're the reason marriage and family are collapsing in japan (& everywhere else).

so ultimately, goofy romcom or ecchi manga that show a girl's submission to a man are actually more realistic and serious takes on marriage than this manga is.

Dex-chan lover
this manga tries to seriously and realistically depict marriage and its challenges.

it fails, because whatever else it may have to say, it will stay silent about the elephants in the room, female infidelity and lack of male authority. they're mutually reinforcing and they're the reason marriage and family are collapsing in japan (& everywhere else).

so ultimately, goofy romcom or ecchi manga that show a girl's submission to a man are actually more realistic and serious takes on marriage than this manga is.
I mean, you have the female mc's divorced parents and the co worker who has been cheated on by his wife. Plus the coworker who has his son die. Hell, we even have a whole arc for the coworker who pines for a single mother. There is depth and variety if you're looking for it. The romcom and ecchi stuff you've said isn't more realistic, it just offers a different perspective. I won't deny that there's cheating/lack of paternal influence in today's family, but I will advise you to lessen watching those types of videos in social media, as it exacerbates those aforementioned issues.

Dex-chan lover
i object to replies that make it seem as though I'd said something different from what i said.
There is depth and variety if you're looking for it.
not what i said i'm looking for.
I won't deny that there's cheating/lack of paternal influence in today's family, but I will advise you to lessen watching those types of videos in social media, as it exacerbates those aforementioned issues.
again, reframing and then replying as if i had said your version. "lack of paternal influence" means men abandoning their families for no reason at all, which is not the problem. the problem is laws and mores maintained by media & schools that preclude male authority.

i have no idea what social media videos you have in mind, much less how on earth they could make the problem i'm talking about worse.

Dex-chan lover
First 50 chapters kinda ehhh
But then it kicks into gear and becomes pretty damn good.

The fact that it doesn't tell the story you want it to doesn't make it a failure in the least. It does a fantastic job of telling the story the author wanted to tell, coming naturally from these characters.

Dex-chan lover
The fact that it doesn't tell the story you want it to doesn't make it a failure in the least. It does a fantastic job of telling the story the author wanted to tell, coming naturally from these characters.
it's fine at telling the story of these characters. but it certainly tried to be more than only that, to be about marriage for all of us in the present year. it used different characters and scenes to include a wide catalog of problems and fears concerning marriage, which i won't try to enumerate. my comment was not about the story as such.

Aggregator gang
Seeing what the cover art to Volume 1 looks like, I would venture a guess, and I know this is getting way ahead here and being very presumptive, that the last volume of this series will have these two in traditional Japanese wedding attire in addition to having genuine expressions of joy, to bookend the leitmotif of this series.
HA, I was right! This was what Volume 11's cover ending up being! Damn it feels great to have been proven correct on the call I made 3 years ago! :cool: (y)

I found this manga to be really cute one second and insanely frustrating the next. I don't regret reading it but I can't recommend it to anyone I care about....

Amazing read. Love this. Gonna need a few days to recover from finishing this one lol. At least the anime is coming

Users who are viewing this thread