Dex-chan lover
I was on mangadex ... now I am still on mangadex

oh... the classic "upload a fake first to let aggregators store that instead" move

Group Leader
Approved but also Mangadex is no Batoto. They're pretty shitty to scanlators as well.

disappointment%2Beverywhere.jpg

Contributor
@Tarage - Batoto was crap too, they forced scanlators to censor their manga cause their ridiculous policy of banning violent and sex content. But indeed aggregators like KM are the worst since they make money from the scans.
Then what were the best before the mangadex era? Read thescans directly to the scanlator website or on reddit /r/manga. :)

I actually did finally
Using ublock and I am getting "The site is under maintenance. Please come back later." message now. Meanwhile I can access site without problem in incognito mode and ublock turned off lol
Didn't want to move because I don't like the change and had everything organized there but goddamit, constantly fighting to block those cancer ads was too much

Group Leader
@Quaysan Let me direct you to this: https://mangadex.org/title/23569/gokushufudou-the-way-of-the-house-husband
See all those "colored" chapters? See how horrible they are? It gets worse. They did not ask for, nor do they have permission from the scanlators to do that 'coloring'. Worse yet, the scanlators asked Mangadex to take them down and Mangadex hid behind a bullshit rule that says "If it's an alteration we don't give a shit". They also have a bullshit rule that if a group requests that manga not be uploaded to Mangadex and they go dormant for a short period of time that said rules are no longer valid and Mangadex won't respect them.

They are very anti-scanlator pro-get-eyes-on-their-site-no-matter-the-cost. It's gross.

@Nick86 Batoto at least respected scanlator's wishes when it came to uploading. You know why Fallen Angels doesn't upload here anymore? https://mangadex.org/group/67

Contributor
@Tarage - Is odd, since mangadex admins (doki) respect other groups and theirs policies, maybe some trolls upload their works? But is enought to send a message to a mod and they will remove the fake almost immediately.

Group Leader
@Nick86 You are not reading what I said. The lead scanlator DID talk to the doki admins. They said "it's an alteration so it's not against the rules". I was there. I raised some shit about it. They do not care. At all. They will NOT remove them. They know aaaaaaaaaaaaaall about it and don't fucking care.

Users who are viewing this thread