Power Uploader
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GOT HIM GOOD! Great chapter, finaly bastard got what he deserved, but got to give it to Raiyan, he's brutal. Thanks Hokuto no Gun.

Fed-Kun's army
This kinda reminds me of Gilgamesh vs Shirou. You know, cause the stronger one isn't trying and gets beaten because of it. Also, FK YEAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

Can we talk about how cool the name Iron Breaker Revolution is? Ans also, Raian with the creepy smile until the end...

This chapter was kind of weak.

Raian was more of a letdown than Ohma honestly. I expected the "strongest" of the Kure clan to show more than what Raian did and Ohma still look like a weak MC compared to the other fighters.

Dex-chan lover
@shii

Don't forget that Raian never once used a Kure technique other than Removal in this fight. He's a brat that's too prideful to admit that he can't beat Ohma with brute strength alone.

Probably after facing this defeat he'll grow as a fighter and started using Kure technique seriously. (Removal was never meant to be something you use regularly)

Dex-chan lover
He used a Kure technique (not Removal) finisher to beat Ohma out of Advance.

Dex-chan lover
A shame he's only ever faced this crisis against Ohma.

I'd imagine he'd lose to Wakatsuki Takeshi as well, and that fight would probably be more interesting even if it is bound to be more simple.

Oh well, Golden Boy's fighting next anyway, and that one is more entertaining due to them both being juggernauts.

Group Leader
how can cosmo even compete against this? he just doesn't feel threatening at all

@shii Rian IS still an incredibly powerful fighter but that power let him become prideful and forget the true essence of martial arts. Using skill, strength, strategy and resolve to win. He only used Brute strength and treats the fights as a game and loves to take his opponents attacks head-on most of the time taking unnecessary damage. ITs his own mentality that made him lose. Plus His family was constantly saying he could have ended things much sooner with Kure techniques.
Also, remember that the "strongest" doesn't always win but also the most skillful. This is Just like the Cosmo fight where Both Winners were clearly "weaker" however they still won through a hair's breadth by being more resourceful.

@KingRagnarok That move was pretty cool and I think the smile was that deep down Raian was happy he lost. I mean being "the strongest" can also give the feeling of there's nothing to look forward to in terms of advancing or struggling (as Saitama from Onepunchman can tell you lol). Him finally getting the feeling of defeat can start changing his mentality......if hes alive lol.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of people get it. Raian's loss wasn't because he was weaker and Ohma was stronger due to a power up or anything; he was so full of arrogance and relied only on his strength instead of any sort of fighting technique, overwhelming with purely power and once he became exhausted he still relied on that power.

Ohma on the other hand tried matching him with power, which while effective in tiring him and hurting him, didn't actually win the fight. And if Ohma kept going with power and ignoring technique he woulda straight died. It's a pretty common storytelling technique; the bigger and stronger person could easily win but when they play with their opponent they let their guard down/get overconfident/do something dumb and as a result their opponent can beat them.

It was pretty clear and executed quite well here. Raian fought stupidly, Ohma fought smarter. There wasn't a big enough gap in power for that power to overwhelm so he was beaten. A lot of the reason people don't like it as much, I suspect, is because before this Ohma was practically a non-entity since his first round fight. So we barely saw him again and his most notable re-appearance was the Fang demolishing him. As a result going into this we had lost some of our impression that he was interesting/cool/a badass.

Contributor
The fight's ending was predictable because Ohma has to make it to the end, but seeing some of the kata combinations made it worth it.

Dex-chan lover
What I like most of this fight was the concept of follow up, not just one strike after another, but strikes that serve for the next attack, attacks with the sole purpose of making damn sure your opponent is DOWN.
Also yes he used kure techniques after they both had removal.
And I still believe that Cosmo won't come back, let's be honest, he did his best, there's nothing left for him to fight for.

This was a bloody fight but looking at the tanks that comes next, I expect the worse now XD

Double-page supporter
This was actually paralleled if you read the vol 00, chapter 7. The kure clan head was just like this before and had his only loss. Once he did, he went back and trained in the kure clan's techniques. So no this isn't an asspull. This was foreshadowed.

Dex-chan lover
Don't diss Cos-chan yet, he can grow too (almost like a real protagonist himself).
More importantly, Ohma started using water kata (again?), so author need Cosmo around as suitable opponent for him to fully master Niko style. If Ohma meets a powerhouse in next round, he'll be dead meat before final.
Now kinda feel bad for Cosmo.

No way they won't get a rematch. Raian gets hired by someone else just to fight again.

If there was a rematch without the Advance, can Ohma beat Raian? I doubt it. It was the Advance and technique, plus Raian's desire to win without using any Kure Techniques apart from the removal, and depending on pure strength. He lost, but it looks like he had a great time.

Raian is still 21 while Ohma is in late 20s. There is still room for growth and maturity to kick in. Right now he is an arrogant prick. But he will grow and grow, to become an even greater monster.

I would root for Raian if it wasn't against the main protagonist. It would be just wishful thinking to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread