Dex-chan lover
A tsundere master ? That's new
Now I'll wait for the debut of "The Devil Razor"

Hopefully Rihito get's some more screen time with Kuroki before this is all over. Wonder if he'll improve any.

You know, Setsuna's plot armor was stronger than I realized. He had his own, but he also had Shion's and Tomoko's. Barring the Nogi alliance and the big cheeses Metsudo, Toyo electric and the Kures, those two were the third party employers with the most character development. Based beard tore through all of that and is given sympathetic character development right after that. That guy is going to the finals and no mistake.
Oh and also it's totally Bando up against Sen. His fight against mad doctor didn't even see any use of his killer move back from the prison, and his employer went right to the pharmaceutical guy after Bando's poisoning, so he's cured.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah again the asspull which kept him alive... (Setsuna)

And I already guessed the superman guy would want to learn from Kuroki.

@Demomanowar
It could be the doctor recruited Bando.

Dex-chan lover
Setsuna's back story was pretty good but honestly it was the first couple pages of this chapter that did more to develop him as more than just lusting after Ohma. Just the casualness and admission to her and her reactions to it REALLY solidified how dangerous he is. You can have the strong characters respond with "oh he's so strong" but when you write those scenes more like a horror manga than a fighting manga it gives a completely different feel. Really makes his character scarier than some of the stronger fighters.

Like the fact that he cares about the two of them and feels bad he lost and that he doesn't want to lose them like everyone he cares about in some way. As in getting close to him emotionally is pretty much a death sentence and he'll kill whoever it is is what really makes him interesting and frightening. Less "oh he's good at fighting and a quick learner and yada yada"

@OniBarubary
He killed his lover and his master himself. He killed the lover because he tried to stop him from meeting his "god" and he killed him master as final test I assume.
My take on it is that he's gonna kill whatever gets in the way of his fascination with Ohma, and that's why he wants to distance himself from the girls. If he thought for a second they're getting in his way he'd kill them without batting an eye.

Fed-Kun's army
Awww I really like the dynamic of Rihito and Gensai, and yay my boi Rihito is hopefully gonna get stronger

@monkey123 Ehhhh, I wouldn't call it an asspull since we know he probably could've done it beforehand. It wasn't a sudden new power or something like that.

That's some nice build up for Hatsumi Sen ! Learning just like that that he beat Wakatsuki, I was quite surprised.

@TheBoll
True, it was always known Wakatsuki had lost two times, and that only one of them was against fang. It's surprising to learn his second defeat was Sen, but it builds the latter's hype instantly. His fight against Fang is going to be good.
But more than that, I liked how Wakatsuki explains why Sen was so underwhelming against the actor. It was disappointing because, back in his fight against Ohma, it was made pretty clear Sen could get extremely serious if need be, and hey, he was Nogi's choice. So the explanation that he gets warmed up as he goes is nice and fitting.

Power Uploader
Oh hey there Lemmy! And Setsuna lived...
Oh well, thanks Hokuto no Gun!

Users who are viewing this thread