Dex-chan lover
Fang seemed to have taken not being able to beat Gaolang at his own game better than I expected.

Dex-chan lover
Y'all are fucking crazy. That entire fight, beginning, middle and end was awesome.

Fed-Kun's army
....fuck, my prediction is right again.
Don't worry, we still have the lightning guy, Gensai, and Sen on the right block!

You guys think Fang would be the final boss, are you sure about that? That's too damn cliche, I doubt the author would be that simple minded. I'm saying this because of this fight, Fang can adapt and evolve from his enemies but his skill isn't absolute perfect, you can see that he could only block majority of gaolang's hits.

Gaolang and Gensai would still be the best imo

Dex-chan lover
There's no plot armor, or dirty tricks, is just the immense arsenal that Fang has in store that leave any pro unable to adapt in time, When Gao loses his balance it was the perfect time to go for a throw, and remember this kick was probably the same kick that sent Ohnma flying away, that ain't no joke.

@Serenata
When Fang goes into a fight with the sole purpose of surpassing someone at his own game, resorting to breaking his finger definitely is a dirty trick. He didn't want a no-holds barred fight, he wanted to prove nobody is better than him in any discipline. And he failed spectacularly. He gave up his self-imposed challenge and just used every trick in the book. Fang's victory is a pyrrhic one.
Now, don't get me wrong, it's a great angle to have Fang fight Sen and still acknowledge Gaolang is one hell of a guy. But yeah, Fang's thing was that he overwhelmed anyone and broke their fighting spirit, and Gaolang pretty much broke his.

Loved the fight, I mean, we all sort of knew what was going to happen. Fang's clearly the cover of Volume 26, he's probably making it to the finals. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, for all future arguments, I can say that Gaolang probably would have won if he had gone up against the Fang in round one. Not saying that's 100% true but that's what it feels like to me. AND EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY my boy Saw Paing's shouting again. Overall, I enjoyed the chapter, it's just unavoidable that the Fang's probably gonna take out like 90% of everyone's favourite characters (yes, probably even Gensai)

This was fight was unreal. Everything about it was perfect. Y'all trippin' if you thought this fight was bad.

I wonder how my boy Cosmo doing? Haven't seen him show up.

This fight was absolutely plot armor/bullshit. Like me I think everyone is complaining about fang taking him down in like 4 hits compared to all the damage Fang took and basically suffered no effects...

Dex-chan lover
lol fang takes 20 lethal hits that should ko him then his opponent gets hit once and loses

Dex-chan lover
Right, anyone else just thinking that kuroki is THE enemy of the fang? like not his arch enemy, but his most polar opposite fighter.

Fang has the gimmick of evolving mid-fight, or creting new stuff, like the custom made martial art just for gaolang, or adapting techniques form his oponents, like the switches from okuba.

Now, kuroki delivered this line - https://mangadex.org/chapter/467203/28 ''I cannot be defeated by improvisations'' and well, fang is a walking improvisation ( simplifing it.. a lot )

...Im really looking foward to seeing if they fight.

Edit - confused the brackets, thought it was fang vs kuroki next. forgot that Hatsumi sen is fighting fang in the next round. So, basically i only hope they will fight.

@00111 Fang isn't exactly creating new techniques though, it's more so using all the techniques that he knows to create a style to take someone down. So i'd say its more adapting than improvising though its a pretty fine line between them

lol Yea i definitely think a lot of Plot armor made the Fang win this. The blow to blow ratio was WAY off and somehow they just made Fang Tank everything while taking out Gaolang in like 3 or 4 blows. And you cant tell me that Fangs blows were way better then the best striker in the world (their words not mine). It was definitely a plot fixed match lol. Anyway moving on.....

Fang can take alot of damage as shown in his 1st fight, and even more so now that we know he has a move similar to the indestructible. This happens even irl when a fighter has a chin that can outlast a better striker. In the end he even had to use grappling to beat Gaolang. The difference in this fight was endurance/durability and versatility plain and simple.

Although I'm sad that Gaolang lost, I still thought it was a fantastic fight. Excited to see if Sen can take down the Fang

Just throwing it out there that the fang one shot Okubo with a single clean hit.

Double-page supporter
Well duh, forgot about their body frames? Fang is a lot bigger, he's sturdier (like Julius vs Wakatsuki). He also can redirect damage (redirection kata?) and harden muscle (adamatine kata?). At least he still blocked, while Seki and Raian was just taking the hits head on.
Gaolang on other hand is considered the smallest guy in heavyweight class, he must master blows and avoid getting hit as much as possible. A stalwart defense isn't his trademark, so not going down after clean hit to the jaw is very impressive already (Okubo on other hand...)

Btw, Fang may not be fine as he looks. Have to play it cool in front of audience after all, anything unsightly is reserved for resting room.

Dex-chan lover
Fang is using Ohma's techniques. Evolving and learning is his thing but....the boring MC jokes write themselves at this point.

@Demomanowar how is chosing to stop handicapping yourself a "dirty trick"? A failure, sure but no trick. Wouldn't that also make Gaolang stopping to use only boxing a dirty trick?

I also believe we will see a much different Ohma when he wakes up relying much more on techniques and unique applications of them.

Users who are viewing this thread