@Serenata
Think so? I just think he's a super-talented guy who is somewhat lazy and cowardly.

I mean, in our world what he says is common sense and very accurate, however, in their world it's different. If we received that sort of training in our world and we saw people like the Pillars (and they were legitimately able to do the things they're showing) then I think it's safe to say that the training would be effective and make perfect sense. Once you know something is possible it changes perceptions dramatically. At least that would be my opinion of it.

Aggregator gang
@Happily_Grim But what Zenitsu said makes sense. You are born with different predispositions. Not all are born equal, just because some sprinter will do Usain Bolt's training routine doesn't mean he will gain remotely similar speed. I know that shounen manga usually tells that what you were born with is not important, but that's a lie. People who work the same will differ in results by their predisposition (I don't want to use word talent here).

@Tikibo

Certainly. I would never argue people are born with or without certain advantages. People are all different there's no doubt about that. However, Zenitsu is only arguing that Himejima can only do it because of his size, and predisposition. However, while they said Himejima is the strongest Pillar, it's safe to assume that it's an ability that all the Pillar's possess or have trained to some extent or another. Zenitsu even argues that it's impossible before seeing him do it. It becomes more evident when Genya comes into the picture and talks about how there is a technique involved in order to accomplish it.

In addition, your statement also doesn't take into account all the crazy nutty crap they've literally seen people do before this. Once again, I'm going to reiterate that his comments make sense in our world -- which I've already said , I'm talking about his comments/personality in the context of their world. Given what we've seen not only here but previously as well, then you can make further slight analysis on his character. That's not to say everyone is capable of succeeding in this sort of training by any stretch, but at the very least, the laws of physics and common sense don't necessarily apply in their world. There's still the considerable wall of talent that will stop a vast majority in their world. But even in this chapter it's noted that Tanjiro's little trio are considered "monster" talents themselves. Like I said, I think Zenitsu is a super-talented dude who is just lazy, slightly-cowardly and in addition perhaps doesn't have enough faith in his own ability. As I said these are just my opinions on it. It's not like what I think really matters in the end anyway. ?

As a side-note which is slightly related but not really, your post reminded me of an old quote that I love: "Not all who put effort in will succeed. But all who succeed had to put in effort."

MMZ

Does anyone know what the letter in the demon girl's eye at the end of the chapter mean
If I remember correctly she's not one of the upper moons

Dex-chan lover
@MMZ
The character is 肆 and means 4 (used in legal documents, as opposed to 四).
You can see an overview of the characters from 1 to 6 in chapter 52: https://mangadex.org/chapter/48606/1

As for why she's got the 4, your guess is as good as mine.
- replacement for the previous Upper 4
- the real Upper 4
- belongs to a category above Upper Moons

I think the new demon got promoted recently, she was even praised for her growth.

Aggregator gang
Inosuke is the happiest when eating and I'm the happiest watching him eat, makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread