Dex-chan lover
@Demomanowar
God there is so much bias in your entire reply. This chapter is titled stubborn for a reason dude. He wants to keep going because he wants to finish what he started, plain and simple. Plus he won that rigged spar fair and square.

"nah bitch fuck that, I'm the best"

This sounds nothing at all like Cosmo. Nor did he say anything even remotely close to that. Not once in this entire Arc has he looked down on everyone. Takumura from Hajime no ippo is arrogant, Bakugou from the beginning of MHA was arrogant, and Raian Kure is a god of arrogance. Cosmo is just a teen who wants to have fun fighting in an effort to defeat incredible fighters. You're making him out to be some kind of narcissistic brat who disrespects everyone at every turn.

@0takuDragonSlayer
His reply was heated, but he had a point in the fact that he should have left the spot for Okubo. As stated several times, Okubo is very lightly injured and practically exceeds Cosmo several times in all areas. Couple that with his smaller frame and injuries, he cannot win this one. And even if by some chance he won against Ohma, he would get torn apart by Wakatsuki.
What i'm trying to say is, hogging that spot is irresponsible on his part. He has his employer's future on his back. But Nishihonji is irresponsible himself, allowing him to proceed, so if Cosmo loses he only has himself to blame.

Fed-Kun's army
@Vlad_the_Implyer
"Okubo is very lightly injured"
I don't think coughing up blood from day to day activities counts as "lightly injured". They're both implied to be heavily damaged at the moment but MC gets plot armor because from training flashback being near death = super power up from "standing on bones".

@0takuDragonSlayer
"Cosmo is just a teen who wants to have fun fighting in an effort to defeat incredible fighters. " This is the exact opposite of current Cosmo. In fact his entire fight was getting over this fact. Cosmo himself said it "I don't like fighting. I like winning." He wouldn't have joined up if he didn't think he could, because again, he literally said he only likes winning. He's being arrogant but only because he thinks he can win. He has no sense of duty in this fight.

Dex-chan lover
@Vlad_the_Implyer
Except his employer doesn't desperately need to win this tournament. The only person who needed to desperately win this was the guy who set up the tournament in the first place. However. Just like the drunk dude who hired Kaneda Suekichi losing won't negatively affect him in any very significant way. I completely agree that this isn't a wise decision on Cosmos part but to say he's doing this out of sheer arrogance is a lie. If the kid wants to see this through to the end I say just let him so long as nothing serious is on the line. Besides it's clear that he improves at great speeds so I just see this as an investment in a fighter with great potential

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona
That's literally what I meant. He's in this to defeat strong Fighters. Not simply FIGHT strong fighters.

Secondly you're making the assumption that he only charges into fights he knows he can win which is something that has never been stated as his character trait. Just because someone likes winning doesn't instantly mean they're pussies who will only go after opponents they can handle. That's just ridiculous reasoning right there.

@0takuDragonSlayer
Mate. His emplyer doesn't desperately need to win? That is not the point. He WANTS to win. Read the Akoya vs Cosmo fight again. Right in the middle of it, Nishihonji talks about how he was willing to throw Cosmo into the lion's teeth. He wants to win this tournament, even if it meant throwing Cosmo's life away. He still felt guilty about it, but it was the price he was willing to pay. Nishihonji would not pariticipate if this was unimportant to him.
Another thing. Right before exiting the ship and getting on the island, Metsudo reminds fighters about what they are. They are pawns. Tools. Their motivations and personalities are unimportant, as long as they win.
Such a hand-waving dismissal of Nishihonji is absolutely ridiculous. Seems to me like you misunderstand the purpose of this tournament, and the prize that is awarded with winning it.

Again with the constant cries of plot armor. The new Ohma will crush Cosmo without going all out. No plot armor needed. And putting Okubo in is just plain stupid, he already showed that he can't stand a chance against the Fang, why would doing the same exact thing again be a good strategy?

Dex-chan lover
@Vlad_the_Implyer
Yeah and I already admitted to this being a selfish choice. However, that doesn't change my point, losing here isn't the end. If he wanted to maintain this "your my tool" relationship he shouldn't have givenCosmo that rigged the match to begin with and just been done with it. If Metsudo sees fighters as nothing but tools that his opinion but that isn't how every employer/fighter relationship works in this series now does it? I'm well aware of the prize and what it represents but again, I'm not the one who decided to give Cosmo a second chance. That was his employer's move and honestly from the perspective of a character with no fourth wall knowledge like us its right call. I rather send in the injured kid who can evolve at unfair speeds than the guy who already got stomped by the final boss in the same week. Who ALSO evolves at unfair speeds btw!

@BrightSideoLife Pretty sure there is a big power difference between “first fight of the tournament” fang, and “was in a coma two days ago” Ohma. At least in the eyes of people who don’t know about ohma’s power up.

Fed-Kun's army
@0takuDragonSlayer
Are you telling me he would join a fight he knew he couldn't win? If he didn't believe he could win, he wouldn't join, and you can't believe you can win if you don't know how you're going to win. Cosmo very obviously thinks he can and will win. To be fair, I don't think anyone in this manga is retarded enough to join a fight they know they'll lose, but most of those other guys aren't as injured as Cosmo.

@Hoffe absolutely it is, but the point isn't to just win the third round. The point is to take it all, and to do that you either need to take down the Fang or the guy who beat him. Okubo was toyed with in the first round.

Dex-chan lover
Karla and Sayaka are best girls

with that said this match should be very interesting

Dex-chan lover
note that adam dudley and okubo naoya really didnt appear in a single panel in the previous chapter 182 .

Users who are viewing this thread