Dex-chan lover
@gaigous You misunderstand. The discrimination won't "Magically disappear". The System will just be shown to be flawed and all the previous arguments will be proven beyond reasonable doubt to be wrong. The discrimination will be there and will likely be troublesome in the future but they will prove it possible to "rise above". This may have effects such as inspiring the beta class/commoners and/or waking up those who had accepted this reality without really thinking about it.

This is the first step towards change, not the final step. His point is that you need to be beyond reproach so that they have zero ground to stand on. Top 30 is still just that, but single rankers means your the elites of the Academy and that title speaks for itself. At the very least you are harder to target since your one of 9 who everyone should know. It may even have other benefits or statuses which denounce those who would challenge you.

@gaigous
It does not disappear in this story, though. Desir already stated his prediction that he and his party will not be fully accepted even if he achieves getting to the top of the tournament/test.

Dex-chan lover
No we don't THE END

of cos they will come on they plot have to move on thats a really ineffective cliff hanger there

Double-page supporter
mako romantica will never be best girl, shes pure horse shit and shes killing this toon

This manga is starting to get old and stale already. The first chapter was epic, but everything sense that has been slow as hell story wise. Cheers to three years of school drama before they actually get to a fight that matters. Maybe it will pick back up and 150-200 chapters.

I'm actually mad that i find this series so early and can't just keep reading. Lol

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous

That wasn't the problem with your comment. You implied it just disappearing and while that happens in stories it was not even hinted at here. You spoke as if they just brushed it under the rug and you were disappointed. Your comment was implying ill towards the series for something the series was not doing.

The "Oh well" in particular signs this as a bitter pill to swallow. You speak as if something bad just happened but there is a bright side to look at. Nothing bad was done though.

Trying to be clear with you since you seem to have missed the entire point last time and focused on the second line.

Dex-chan lover
@Merilirem I was commenting on what the MC said(the trope) not the context in which it was said(the scene), but I can understand how the way I phrased things would give that impression.

Dex-chan lover
@Merilirem Aww, now I feel bad for wasting your time, here, have a consolation meme:

zQT5EvJ.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous
That meme just makes me angry. So angry...

Stupid moral game design balance choices ruining things for evil characters. So many times..so many...

Dex-chan lover
Somehow I get the feeling, that even if they manage to turn the academy's view of beta students around, there is still the world around. The other academy would just barge in and claim, that this academy got weak. It's like to try to dig your way out of a literal shithole. Even if you shovel the shit aside, new shit just comes tumbling down and take its place. In the end you only manage to dig yourself deeper into shit. And face it, this seems to be a rather shitty shit world with majorly shitbags as population.
Sad and slightly funny enough, that shadow world incident seem to be the only think capable enough to handle this problem (in the end by wiping out everyone). The "normal" or common magicians, think of themselves as weak and would thread carefully (a good thing, most would still die, but they maximize their survival rate), while the strong royal blooded bastards would head into their end. Only the strongest and most capable survive, with wouldn't only be nobles. Without society, there wouldn't be something like a noble status left, to begin with. End of discrimination.

correct me if i`m worng, but didnt the other mage, before the rebirth, tell him that had he come to the "mage tower" or something, they would teach him, even though he is a commoner? why wont he get his friends and just GTFO out of that BS school system and go train in the other place?

Users who are viewing this thread