Dex-chan lover
Too strong, too OP, plot armor, ass pull, etc.
Guess we should put Adam Dudley in the final for a calm and peaceful match.

Power Uploader
Beard is using sharingan, every technique he saw before - won't work on him, so the only thing that has a chance - is something that has no form - demonbane, is that what author is going for?

Dex-chan lover
I knew this match would be a bloodbath because there's no other way Ohma stands a chance in the final in his current condition, and it delivers.

This is definitely the most impressive match so far, Kuroki and Agito keep finding ways to surprise each other. Metsudo knows Agito well and believes that Agito has never been stronger than in his match today and it still isn't enough.

That said, Kuroki claims he'll deliver Agito's last rites whose wrist has been completely destroyed? Agito has got the next chapter to prove him wrong and honestly, there's still more I want to know about these two. It's still unclear why Kuroki is participating in this tournament but it appears that he is just challenging himself - the issue being, why now? The Kengan matches have been going for some time, but Kuroki specifically appeared for this tournament. On the other hand, Agito still has some mystery about him; some of his past actions make me wonder if he is just Metsudo's "fang" or if he perhaps doesn't have a deeper link with the overall plot. Honestly, I can't tell.

Fed-Kun's army
I know we're not done yet, but what's you guys top 3 fights? Mine is:
3. Ohma vs Cosmo
2. Beard vs Fang
1. Cosmo vs Cop

@Kireato
Remember one of the guardians connected to the "Tigers vessel" group said they still have a pawn in play. Very likely that pawn is Kanoh, considering the ritual he was apart of. But there is a small chance that the pawn in Gensai and that is why he wanted to enter the tournament. Of course he could just have wanted to enter to test his strength. The tournament is on a completely different level from the normal Kengan matches.

@BrightSideoLife

I think the main difference that induces this feeling to me is the way they won their fight. Sure the Fang was hyped as "the strongest" since the beginning, but he "struggled" before (particularly against gaolang) and seemed to win by a shonen power up each type (I'm exaggerating but you get the idea). On the contrary even if Beard get some damage, he always showed overwhelming dominance in his fights.
And sure Agito has experience, but you can't erase a 10-15 years difference like that

Don't misunderstand me, I like the Fang, but there's so much cool characters in this manga it doesn't help him x)

@TheBoll
To be fair, I think Gaolang was stronger than any of the fighters Gensai has faced. And the Fangs schtick is him evolving the way he fights. It should also be mentioned that the Fang was handicapping himself for the first part of the fight by playing into Gaolang game, as soon as he let lose he took home the win. His first match was similar. In essence it would be boring if all the early matches are stomps, it is the same reason Gensai allows his opponents to show everything they got before he took them down in the early matches.

@BrightSideoLife I am going to disagree with you there, Agito stopped (or at least tried to stop) trying to outbox Gaolang pretty early in the match, and yet it went for much longer after that. Gaolang was on another level compared to ANY of Agito's former opponents.
And there aren't many similarities between Okubo's and Gaolang's matches: for starters, in his fight against Okubo, Agito first tried to fight him using his martial arts style persona, then he activated his "funny face" mode and styled on Okubo effortlessly using the guy's own techniques/predicting them. On the other hand, in his fight with Gaolang, he was in the "funny face" mode from the beginning, yet it didn't help him. And even at the end of their fight, the Fang himself admitted that he won by a hair (and partially due to luck, he didn't plan on Gaolang breaking his fist by hitting his elbow).

@InedibleSpook
that is a fair assesment. But I maintain that Gaolang was also much stronger than anyone Gensai faced in the tournament so far. Which personality the Fang uses is not what I meant by his fights being similar. It is how he challenges the opponent at their own game, thus forcing himself to evolve rather than go all out and end the fight early. In the end these are fictional characters that are just as strong as the author writes them. But I suppose that it credits him that these characters draw such emotions that people take offense at the outcome of the matches. I'm just tired of the circle-jerking of "plot armor" (however missunderstood) and which characters are "unfair. It should be noted that the fact that Gensai, who isn't even remotely relevant to any plot and neither is his employer, is in the semis rather than characters such as Setsuna or Hatsumi.

edit: it should be noted that I don't really care who wins. But I currently see the Fangs backstory as more interesting Although I'm sure that will be explored regardless. Mainly I just like to look at the pretty pictures and see two men beating each other half to death with some semblance of story mixed in.

@BrightSideoLife

I agree with you on Gaolang.
In the end I'm just making these comments because I want Beard to win and not the Fang, as he is too obvious as a final boss !

I totally agree with your last sentence ?

Fed-Kun's army
Guessing on who's going to win in this story is pointless, better go and guess how many plot twist or comebacks are per fight. ?

Group Leader
Kuroki is honestly the biggest surprise for me from this series. I did not expect to come out liking him as much as I do.
He's so cool haha

Users who are viewing this thread