Group Leader
@XL Doubt Hatigarm will drop it, because they are legally literally the official group who do this in English.

@hijklol100 Hatigarm himself admited just a bit ago in his discord in a fit of rage with someone that he doesn't even own the license for the series, he's just comissioned to do it. Thought it was interesting. Considering he was before that telling me he was gonna take the chapters down cuz he owned them and then kicked me from his discord.

Group Leader
@towerofgod123 Ah, well I was just under the impression of this (https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/82qvcb/sl_tales_of_demons_and_gods_important_announcement/) post, but it looks like I'll need to be skeptical of it.

Group Leader
I can say he's actually right, the "deal" is simply a comission. And even then not fully... y'know... legal xD
Here's some context to the convo he mentioned
unknown.png

@hijklol100

Group Leader
@Filipe I can totally see it just being a commission (and in fact lean in the direction of taking all my personal knowledge into consideration), and because it's very unprecedented some random scanlation group has this sort of thing, being overzealous because of it; but someone who isn't as knowledgeable about the subject could easily take that as Hatigarm just bluffing that he could legally request chapter takedowns without having to go through the parent company, not that he's bluffing about owning a license.

Group Leader
@hijklol100 "unprecedented" -> Zero Scans 🤣
@towerofgod123 I don't really mind/care about snipping all in all, even if I don't really see the point when someone's working on it already, but let's wave this.
As some people asked before, why not spend that time and motivation on something that actually has no one working on it ? It's not like the sea's dry, it's overflowing more than ever :/

what ugly mess is this??? even if it is allowed to snipe smth off atleast do it with the same quality or better but this is just fuckery with the readers

Users who are viewing this thread