Dex-chan lover
I really hope you guys end up picking this up

I need a dark yuri fantasy in my life.

Double-page supporter
since the novel translations seem to insist on marching on slowly if at all like an undead ghoul, guess I'll be following the manga too to see if anyone grabs it.

Fed-Kun's army
Ok, the last page(the cover for the novel volume 2) creeped me out a bit.
I thought that the bastard nature champion was lying about all the other members agreeing with Flamme being sold to slavery.
I thought that the water mage girl and the earth attribute guy who was with her were actually good people.
Lo and behold here she is in that LN vol2 cover with a person by her side who has her eyes sewn closed.
Like what the fuck!

Fed-Kun's army
@Mpwilson123 @Ovnidemon Yup, and to think I held hope for that water mage girl to be a good person. Are all of the champions aside from Flamme really this fucked up?

@Dezaki Exactly! I'm really hoping that they're going to reach a point where they can no longer go further, and then the holy priestess looking champion girl(from the group shot at the top of page 18) will try to oracle an answer from God, just to then be told that it's their fault of throwing away the Flamme(the Inversion Champion). Even better would be for God to curse them (or at least the most fucked up few among the champions) due to that. Or even to turn the Nature attribute of that bastard into a normal Earth attribute. That'd be funny too.
Like, imagine if there's a cursed barrier that needs to be crossed to get into the Demon Lord's castle and that the only way to deal with it was Inversion. Or even if the Demon Lord himself had a power that could only be blocked by Inversion. The list of possibilities is nigh-endless.
Thinking more of what else Flamme could do, wouldn't she be technically able to reverse someone else's curse and cure status ailments?

@InsaneInsomniac That's a pretty good analysis of the Inversion attribute.

Fed-Kun's army
Okay, I just checked the raws for the manga... Apparently the translators aren't being slow at all. There simply hasn't been any new chapter ever since chapter 1 was released in Japanese on December 27, that is to say there hasn't been a new chapter in 6 months.
Off to the novel I go, I guess.

Contributor
All the members of the Hero's party were chosen by Origin, the god of creation, to help defeat the demon lord.
Yet one of those god-chosen people took Flame, also chosen by god, and sold her into slavery.

Somehow, that doesn't leave me with a very good opinion of that particular deity.

-------------------------

But I'm still wishing someone would keep this manga going; definitely looks like it could be pretty interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Find the f*ckers who abandoned and betrayed you and cut them in half, too!

Also, if the sword heals her wounds, why is her slavery brand still there? Is it too old to heal?

Fed-Kun's army
Well mister slaver it seems to be a split decision on your part your letting them go...

Fed-Kun's army
Oh shit. When you realize inversion basicly turns what the sword was into its opposite, it got pretty interesting.

Double-page supporter
So if Inversion made the melting sword heal her instead, then that suggests that her specialty is turning any spells or abilities directed in her direction into it's opposite. I mean, that's the literal point of "inversion" but it doesn't seems to invert everything, such as a physical beating, and I hope it doesn't invert a healing spell cause that would do harm rather than good. This all means it's limited to enchantments, such as blessed or cursed items, and most likely spells. Granted, we haven't yet seen what a spell or skill does if directed towards her, so for all we know if she gets hit by a fireball it'll incinerate her just the same. If not, then it may turn into water upon contact with her person, maybe even water that heals or soothes since the purpose of said fireball is to harm and burn away flesh. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens regarding this "Inversion" attribute.

Users who are viewing this thread