Double-page supporter
Kokuro is such a legitimately nice person. He probably volunteers at soup kitchens.

Also, Koga seems incredibly intelligent. He’s certainly not Ohma level, and probably not strong enough to be a top contender, but he’s definitely fight literate.

Fed-Kun's army
@RudoRonuma I don't think it was a fluke how Koga avoided Kokuro's attack, maybe his kinetic vision is pretty good and he's gonna train on/develop the fighting style of Mr. Yamashita's ancestor.

boii got his ass beat i hope that it leads to a good character development anyway i cant wait to see ryuki fight

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder how Koga will grow in this story. So far he is kind of like a street brawler who learned some karate but doesn't seem to have any secret techniques or martial arts inheritances.
While Ohma was rather inexperienced at the beginning against opponents each with their own techniques, you could say that he had a far higher base level than Koga.

Huh, I keep forgetting how there are a lot of decent folk fighters in this series. The only ones I can think of that didn't have a single once of respect or decency for anyone was Raian, Masaki, and that psycho police couple.

Dex-chan lover
So, this time the mangaka is going the typical Shounen MC route with a weakling in the beginning, who then grows. Wasn‘t really the case with Ohma, since he already had a good basis strength.
I‘m okay with that, especially since we have an Ubermensch with Not-Ohma too, to balance things out.

I assume, the story will follow the same structure like the prequel: 30-50 chapters introduction (recruiting the 12 fighters), then the tournament for the rest of the manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaelpie

Ah yeah, it was 13, thanks.
Yes, we can guess some of them already, that‘s why it won‘t be more than ~40 chapters until we‘re ready for the tournament.

Group Leader
@Rand564 he might end up being a Rihito type side character later on, at least I hope so. I don't think he's going to be just fodder if they spent ~2 chapters on developing him.

Group Leader
I expect new fighters to join aswell. Someone who can beat Kuroki is expectable given we have to scale to stronger battles in the second part.

Welp our new MC is really not having a good go at it so far huh lol.

Dex-chan lover
@MangaField
I'd be okay with it personally if it basically didn't confirm the need to implement shounen MC BS to make sure Koga doesn't get stomped.

Took Ohma years of Niko Style training to just barely make it to the top two of the Kengan matches.

Dex-chan lover
@0takuDragonSlayer

Who knows, maybe he won‘t get very far in the tournament and instead it wll be Not-Ohma winning? The mangaka already showed he‘s good for some plot twists (e.g. Setsuna losing against The Beard, Ohma not winning the tournament). Could go many ways.

This guy is awesome. I hope he's a recurring character no matter if he wins or loses the next fight.

Users who are viewing this thread