Dex-chan lover
Man, I don't know where this manga is going and it's making me incredibly nervous.

On one hand, it's a manga featuring horrible bullying, but on another it could be restricted to just the beginning so they can establish characters and show how much they've changed.

Then again, it's common for manga plots to show an incredibly heartwarming situation/state of things before stabbing you in the heart with a suprise gory death of a 'good' character'.

But it could also just want to show unlikely friends overcoming their differences and challenges together (I don't even feel bad for the pedo blackmail/rapist teacher, a victory for friendship, justice and all good in the world if you ask me).

Aaaaargh please - if you're going to tear out my heart do it now before I start hoping!

Double-page supporter
@Crombs

if you are looking for something heart warming out of this author, i think you will be disappointed. They don't do heart warming human relations but more human as animal analogies with brutal violence, social darwinism or just actual darwinism.

Considering how this is starting so far, its going to only get weirder with some analogy between human love and eusocial insects and how human relations are just brainwashing.

Yeah I don't think this manga going to have any heart warming moment looking at the plot. I mean she brainwash people to be her friend. That is pretty dark.

Dex-chan lover
So conflicted.
I don't really like yuri/shoujo ai, but I'm kinda interested in where this story will go.

I want to see the inevitable end where the fake happiness she's created comes crumbling down around her. Yes, I know she was bullied and abused, but the way that she is deriving her current happiness from the very people that have scarred her (both physically and mentally) kinda irks me.

Her character would have been more likeable if she didn't immediately latch on to her tormentors turned allies. Yes, I know her actions become very believable when you take her past into consideration, but it doesn't make her any less annoying.

Believable codependence is not enjoyable codependence.

Dex-chan lover
"Do you recognize this at all?"
"Yeah, that's a wasp you've colored."

Dex-chan lover
@matcap The sad thing about bullied people is that they latch on quickly to anything that resembles kindness or care, even to the point of going against anything logical, just for the sake of getting away from the pain or the sliver of hope that things will get better.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
I don't think anything will come crumbling down, she'll only get more and more on her side until she becomes unstoppable. Right now there is tension because she only has like 5 comrades.

@VladDracul2

As someone who had to deal with bullies and an unfriendly home environment as a kid, can confirm. I'm actually amazed at Himeno's resilience because what she went and goes through (before becoming a wasp queen) is that close to legit torture.

Dex-chan lover
After that conversation about fairy wasps, for her to be bit by a giant suzumebachi is odd.

Definitely a weak chapter compared to the last 2, the opening and then the reveal that other girls had futastingers. This one has no suspense because we know it can't go anywhere, it's too early for her to be discovered.

Dex-chan lover
So the stinger brings forth the love for Himeno, but the comrades still retain memories and personalities of past self?
Anyway, that is a romantic scene.

surprisingly pure... my heart just got a boner from reading this chapter

Users who are viewing this thread