Dex-chan lover
I already miss Chadano.. though I think he still hasn't fully recovered from that traumatic kissing incident.

Double-page supporter
Damn, she is too pure. Protecc her.

@JamesHenderson1065 How about regular train (not counting the commuter train and shinkansen)? Is that cheaper than plane?

Dex-chan lover
Author's sick leave wasn't in vain, this chapter had more fluff than the average chapter.

@mase_aga Depends on the distance. For longer distances (where taking a plane is a reasonable option) there are few non-shinkansen routes that still operate, if any. Sometimes they have sleepers but that's more touristy. It's kind of like U.S., the cheapest option is intercity buses.

The weird thing with Japan's rail system is that since it's all electrified, the "commuter rail" runs trains that are similar to subway cars. The routes themselves though spread all over the place in a massive net. Around Tokyo there isn't just JR East, a lot of other rail companies operate lines. You can take the Skyliner (not operated by JR East) from Narita airport into Tokyo, or the go to Yokosuka on the Keikyu Electric Railway line (also not JR). What we would consider "commuter rail" connects major cities in the region, bringing them closer together. This doesn't really extend to other regions though because of the mountains, so if you want to go to Osaka you still have to go by plane, bus, or shinkansen.

@mase_aga It really comes down to economics. If a normal-speed train route takes the same time as a bus and costs a bit more, why operate it? Most people aren't as autistic about trains as me (Makoto Shinkai, on the other hand...)

Dex-chan lover
tadano is not the mc anymore... since when was tadano the mc and not komi? y is komi the real mc? idk the name says her name... so does that mean tadano was never the mc???

anyway u can really see the difference between high quality komi and squishy komi... damn high quality komi is so beautiful

Double-page supporter
Looks like Turkey and Japan have similar bus rides because literally everything in this chapter was relatable

Dex-chan lover
I almost threw my phone to the ground from all this fluff. Komi has grown so much being able to ask for the blanket herself (i think)

Dex-chan lover
Komi-bro didn't want to come, but watches out for his sister all the same. I like seeing positive sibling relationships depicted.

Double-page supporter
@BasilD
She didn't ask for the blanket though. She took off her jacket and then Shousuke covered her with his blanket.

Dex-chan lover
You can see how Komi went from not even entering a coffee shop to riding a train

The Japanese really love their surgical masks! Why would you wear one in this situation, on the off-chance a passersby randomly coughs or sneezes on you?

Users who are viewing this thread