@alonerone
i just tried i'm not the officiel translator of this manhua
if you want i can translate the chapter 21 22 23
but are you okey with my translation
if my translation was bad i can't take a good project like against the god

It’s so annoying when someone translates a chapter of a series completely out of order of what has already been translated. I get all excited about the new release of a chapter, I’m like “Yes, a new chapter”, only to find out that it was just a trick, a game played with my precious comic reading heart. After all doing this is tantamount to throwing spoilers in someone’s face.

@Yunchi Why would you translate a chapter three chapters ahead. Also I would prefer if you didn't translate the rest, not unless you communicated with Odyssey scans first. I rather not time be wasted on the earlier chapters by them.

@YunChi
Just providing my honest feedback based on these assumptions:
I'm assuming u haven't been TLing for long and maybe, this is even your first attempt?
I'll also assume either English or Chinese isn't your first language/ language u r good at,
or u have translated this from some other language, which may/may not be one u r good at
or the above translated source was pretty bad to begin with

1. To be blunt, if this was ur 1st time, pretty good, it felt better than those google translate scripts
but if u have been doing this for a while, then u still kinda suck at it (sorry (>w<) )
2. As @ilikeanime said, there are grammatical errors and certain issues with the translation, which may
have been due to the above factors or maybe because u just dropped a random ch24 so i kinda feel out
of sync (like i can't remember who the hell is that ass guardian fairy? lol)
3. If ur source was all-proper, then u need to polish whatever language u suck at
4. If u don't suck at either languages then u need to review ur TLed scripts a couple of times, which I think is
the job of a proofreader/quality checker/editor (idk)
5. I have no knowledge of typesetting/redrawing and I honestly don't give a damn about them as long as they're
readable/don't change the original drawings too much
6. I appreciate u having a go at it even though u seem, ummm, inexperienced? I also like that u made it clear that
u aren't sniping the series , the odyssey team is doing pretty well imho (even if they are slow as fuck xP)
7. If u r interested in this continuing with this project, I advise u to help odyssey and learn from them
I believe @Arcky and gang wouldn't mind personally training a new slave ;)

I apologize if any of what I said offended u, don't pay heed to those overly negative criticisms
I hope this wall of text helped u in some way and wasn't just a waste of time 😅
Good luck! 😊

PS :
I see shit being thrown at u already lol so make sure u wear proper protection ;)
About being rated, I'd give the TL 5.5/10
Also, unless u are ready to face a shitstorm, u should NOT continue with this project SOLO
Maybe try a new series? or polish ur language skills more and have a go at some series
Lastly, I'm not involved with any scanlation work, I'm just one of those faggot readers who do
nothing but criticize the awesome work done by scanlators so u don't really need to pay heed to my words

as I'm not a translator I cannot tell whether or not you got the translation right but your fonts are bad and the words need to be cleaned . your consistency with word spacing needs work. in terms of being clean (picture wise) it's decent.
page 1 grammar correction - Xiao Shi was really stole the powder - remove "was".
page 2 grammar corrections - Do you think me a blind - remove "a" - Everyone in Xiao family talk about the plot now - correct to "Everyone in the Xiao family is talk about the plot now"
would you like me to continue?

Aggregator gang
@YunChi
English mistakes I found. Note I have no knowledge of the translating process, nor do I claim to be a professional in the English language. Also my recommended corrections are based on the interpretations of the sentences you have translated and may not be correct in the original works language and the meaning conveyed, but I'll try my best. And thanks for the translation, I look forward to your future translations.

Page 2 " Do you think Xiao Chi was really stole the powder?" This doesn't make much sense, I would change it to "do you think Xiao Chi was really the one who stole the powder?"

Page 3 "Do you think me a blind". Corrected is"Do you think I'm blind", "Everyone in Xiao family talk about the plot now" to "Everyone in the Xiao family is talking about the plot now", "Everyone chose to keep his mouth shut because they afraid from his highness" change to " Everyone chose to keep their mouths shut because they fear his highness", "who want to choose that women at the expense of satisfaction from Xiao young master!" to "who will want to choose that women at the expense of Xiao's young master's satisfaction! " The last panel is correct, took doesn't sound right to me but took seems to be correct as it is in past tense, but since we don't have access to the previous chapters we don't have any context of the situation.

Page 4 "The star herb effect was beginning now". Replace was with has. Was is used in past tense, which means some passage of time has occurred. An example being I was a good teacher, This means in the past you were a good teacher but not in the present. " In this case the star herb effect was beginning now means the effect stopped instead of what we see in the chapter. Corrected "the star herb effect has started"

Fact checking sources after some quick research https://www.ecenglish.com/learnenglish/using-have-and-has/ , https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/usage/i-or-me

Note I'll edit this as I go along. To work on the rest of my recommended corrections and fact checking to make sure I'm correct.
Edit 2 I'll edit the rest in later It's 12:11 AM where I live right now and I'm tired, I'll finish the rest in the morning.

Contributor
@YunChi, English is not my native language, I find a fault of mistake of tenses but I can swallow it (but grammar nazy might be angry), and no problem yet except :
Did you got permission with Odyssey Scans and Arcky

No one needs to ask permission to translate anything and upload it to this site. It is strange to translate a single chapter 4 chapters ahead of the latest translated chapter. The english grammar is weak and the font resolution is low. All of these things can be improved with more work! Don't let any one tell you they "own the rights to translate" any series. Everything on manga dex is either unofficial or pirated translations.

It is annoying to translate a random chapter...
Valliant effort however.

Page two: "Do you think Xiao Shi was really stole the powder?" > "Do you think Xiao Ling Xi really stole the powder?

Page three: "Do you think me a blind?" > "Do you think me blind?"
"Everyone in Xiao family talk about the the plot now" > "Everyone in the Xiao family is talking about the plot now"
"Everyone chose to keep his mouth shut because they afraid from his higness (Xiao Yong Master)" > "Everyone chose to keep their mouths shut because they're afraid of his highness (Xiao Sect Young Master)"
"That's normal who want to choose that woman at the expense of satisfaction of the Xiao's young master" > "That's normal who wants to choose that woman at the expense of the
satisfaction of the Xiao Sect's young master."
"I don't think he's satisfied yet... after the Asgard Fairy intervention he couldn't took Xiao Ling Xi with him..." > "I don't think he's satisfied yet... after the Asgard Fairy intervened he couldn't
take Xiao Ling Xi with him..."

Page four: "The star herb effect was beggining now!" > "The Star Herb Effect duration begins now!"
"under the effect of the "Star Herb" my energy, voice, body odor and my aura will disappear perfectly!" > "Under the effect of the "Star Herb" Regardless of body, sound, scent, objects
on the body,and profound aura, it would all be completely concealed!" - Used light novel to reference effects of "Star concealing pill" "refined from Star Concealing Grass"

Page Five: "Shia Xing Yui... u didn't let me down my wife!" > "Xia Qingyue... You didn't llet me down my wife!"

Page Six: "Elder brother when you will go to the Xiao Sect tomorrow, please don't forget me!" > "Elder brother when you go to the Xiao Sect tomorrow, please don't forget me!"
"But Xiao's Young Master was liked my intellect!" > "But Xiao Sect's Young Master liked my intellect!"
"As expected from the first genius in Xiao Family!" > "As expected from the first genius in the Xiao Family!"
"I will help you to reach in your room, you drink a lot...!" > "I will help you to reach your room, you drank alot...!"

Page Seven: "The bastard Asgard Fairy was destroyed my plan...!" > ""The bastard Asgard Fairy has destroyed my plan...!"
"But let's see how long she'll can protect ling Xi!" > "But let's see how long she can protect ling Xi!"
"Of course! I was promised the Xiao's Young Master!" > "Of course! I promised the Xiao Sect's Young Master!"
"Just wait afor a few month and the Asgard Fairy will be forgot her fully!" > "Just wait afor a few months and the Asgard Fairy will forget about her fully!"
"So I will let you sleeping now... I think you're tired enough..." > "So I will let you sleep now... I think you're tired enough..."

Page Nine: "So you want to take my little aunt to your dog master in a few month later...?" > "So you want to take my little aunt to your dog master a few months later...?"

Page Ten: "You will't live to see the morrow!" > "You will not live to see tomorrow!"/"You shan't live to see the morrow!" (second one more of an old english style sentence.)
"TAB" > "STAB" ^_--

These are my own opinions of the Gramatical errors.

also you got names wrong but this is only based on the original name translations established on Wuxiaworld.

Xiao Shi > Xiao Ling Xi
Shi Xing Yui > Xia Qingyue
Xiao Yolong > Xiao Yulong

Users who are viewing this thread