Aggregator gang
@TrueGoddessReincarnation

That comparison does not work at all in this case. The premise of Kengan association somewhat necessitates the appearance of this guy sooner.

There was no need for Jiren, plot-wise, to appear in Z.

@deken

IIRC the premise of Kengan association is to resolve dispute between companies in Japan. So if this guy is the richest tycoon in Japan, chance is high that he owns some company that should have had some dispute with one of the 418 Kengan-associated companies, at which he should resolve it via Kengan matches. So it is either:
1. He never had a dispute with any Kengan-associated company, so he has no need to be involved in Kengan matches. This is too convenient of a plot device imo. Kengan companies are huge, and this guy is huge. There should have been friction.
2. Kengan members can also fight in Purgatory, as AFAIK there is no rule for double membership between fighting orgs. This can be an answer.
3. Past disputes between member of Kengan and a member of Purgatory was never resolved via fights, which also imo a cheap plot device.

Anyway, this is just me nitpicking. I still enjoy the manga a lot.

@pomodoro even if he had a company under him that was in a kengan match, it's pretty unlikely he'd care enough to show up for it considering his personality. They said he lives around the world and considering how much money he owns I think he'd just leave the representative of that company to take care of it. Plus we don't know exactly how he became so rich so it's possible he doesn't even own a company thats under the Kengan association although I think that's unlikely.

Aggregator gang
@jimmy204 Having a rep taking care of his Kengan matches is a good possibility. It would be interesting to see whether some past CEOs that we have known are actually under him.

But I'd think that given the fact that he owns Purgatory, he should have been at the very least be interested in Kengan matches. It is bigger than his Purgatory, after all.

@pomodoro Except this guy does underground and black market, not a legit company like the rest. Plus Kengan cannot force every company to be under their rule, it is just that most big companies chose to be part of it. This is not a dispute between members of the two associations, this is a challenge from one organization to the other. If i remember correctly, Kengan is losing popularity and Purgatory has been gaining power since, nothing stays on top forever. But of course this is all fictional and can be made up however the author wishes for an excuse to further the manga.

Aggregator gang
@deken

Except this guy does underground and black market, not a legit company like the rest

When was this mentioned? I must have missed it.

Plus Kengan cannot force every company to be under their rule, it is just that most big companies chose to be part of it

My argument was that if Toyoda is as rich as they claim, chance is that he had some friction with some Kengan members. The question is, what happened? Then comes the 3 possibilities that I mentioned.

This is not a dispute between members of the two associations, this is a challenge from one organization to the other

True. Never claimed otherwise. Don't see how this is relevant to the question I raised.

But of course this is all fictional and can be made up however the author wishes for an excuse to further the manga.

Yup, especially in this kind of fighting shounen manga.

THE MAN! THE MYTH! THE LEGEND! SEKIBAYASHI JUN HAS ENTERED THE STAGE!!! Can't wait to see if big boy lost the weight.

Banned
@pomodoro
Ok so this is just me reading between lines

First of, it is not obligatory for big companies to become member, remember Katahara predecessor rescind his membership and do his own things but presumably still live a succesful life. Association badge is there to give the business some legitimacy and reputation. So there is a chance that business that doesn't need more reputation doesn't go for the membership.

Secondly, it is likely he doesn't only operate in Japan as the series suggest, i mean he live anywhere he like and in previous chapters it is said that he operate in regions that Kengan association doesn't have much influence in

Dex-chan lover
Marvel's "March of Thanos" thinking.jpg

@lexy Dunno if it's the translators or the author, but it was clearly intentional so I'm leaning towards author

Dex-chan lover
>How long would it takes to clean this place?!
atleast i am not the only one who asking that question.

edit
i am still unsure if this toyoda guy related to toyoda tadakatsu . i mean toyoda tadakatsu in danberu is much modest? idk

Dex-chan lover
on the wrestler 's shirt : CJW = Chou Japan Wrestle . Chou is 1 of the readings of the kanji 超 = Super .

1st page : the artist forgot to draw the burning cigarette :

Y20.png

Dex-chan lover
note that some paintings are photocopied several times when the mangaka made the last panel of page 8 .

Y'all think that when Himuro put his hand on Ryuki neck like he was gonna chop him he was actually reading Ryuki's pulse to see if he was lying? Cuz if that's what he was doing it add a whole new level to depth to Himuro. Also if that's true props to the author for letting his readers work that out for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread