Double-page supporter
I think you mix-up the text bubble on page 14. I think it should be like this:
Girl: "I borrowed Al-san's overcoat, though... Will you be okay?"
MC: "Its fine, its warm season after all."

Dex-chan lover
Plot twist: The towns ruler is corrupt and the guard job is basically just hired muscle. *plays offbrand anime-game music*

I like where this is going. If this is going towards fluff and no unnecessary drama, that is.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh I am sure the knee injury thing is gonna be a deus ex machina for the baddies.

"Oh he's too powerful! Let's run!"
"Oh shit my knees suddenly hurt now, I can't catch them, damn!"

That kind thing.

Dex-chan lover
@boag I fucked up my left knee pretty bad when I was younger and it never healed properly because my doctor at the time was an asshole, so I still have fairly regular pain even 16 years later; some days the pain is so bad that I can barely walk, some days I can walk for miles with barely a twinge, but the vast majority of the time, I can function just fine at a much reduced pace and can only be on my feet for an hour or two before the pain gets to be too much. Don't even get me started when it rains or gets cold...

Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that the knee doesn't have to be in constant, debilitating pain for it functionally disable a person. Especially someone in a high risk profession like the MC; when you have people that depend on you to stay alive, anything that keeps you from performing at your best every day is not a good thing to have. Hell, asthma doesn't bother most people who suffer from it 90% of the time (I should know, I've had it since I was born), but that 10% is enough to disqualify them from military service and most people in the military aren't going to be putting their lives on the line every other day.

Fed-Kun's army
cute chapter. still wondering why he still walks and doesn't use magic to fly...

Dex-chan lover
@Riger Maybe it was not a regular rock... It must have been the legendary Mythril Pebble of Pig-Smiting!

"Let me just drag this giant monster out of the cave, if it isn't completely made of lead my leg will be alright"
This guy seems more like someone committing insurance fraud than an actual injured person

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius
I wouldnt be critical of the series if he just showed it was a debilitating injury, i wish he would use a cane, or a walking staff at the very least, but we see him pivot, run and jump on the hurt knee, that breaks off the main premise of the series and just keeps pulling me out of it.

Dex-chan lover
@boag Funnily enough, that's what makes it more believable for me; I can do all those things on my busted ass knee... It just really fucking hurts when I finally get the chance to relax, like I replaced all the cartilage in my knee with molten salt. Also, canes and walking staves are inconvenient as hell. Sure, they're great to take the pressure off, but forget using one of your hands for anything more than keeping track of the stupid thing, which makes doing most things more complex than they really need to be, and unless you genuinely look like you're in your 60s, you get a lot of funny looks; I once had security at some place give my cane a solid yank to make sure I wasn't just some dick carrying around a sword-cane, and another security officer at another place ask if I really needed it so they could confiscate it for as long as I was in the building. It's genuinely less of a headache to not use one at all unless I absolutely have to, which is why I just suck it up and deal with the pain while the various canes I've used over the years collect dust.

Granted, the MC doesn't have to really worry about that, but the point still stands that canes and walking staves are damned inconvenient; there's a good reason the sword was the preferred weapon of choice for civilians when a good polearm is superior in basically every respect: convenience. A polearm you have to carry, a sword you can strap to your belt and basically forget about. Just replace "polearm" with cane or walking staff.

Banned
Stop fighting guys i have two busted thighs and i can still walk.
Just hard to stand up and walk down or up the stairs though

Users who are viewing this thread