Dex-chan lover
Ryuki is such a good kid.

Thanks for your efforts Hokuto, not sure what we would do without you.

Page 18: "Remember, you each gotta eat give plates of curry, minimum!!!"

Assuming "give" do be a typo and it should be "five"

Dex-chan lover
I missed that on the first read as well, I think my brain auto corrected it lol.

Dex-chan lover
@RudoRonuma
One is probably something about him being too nice so he unconsciously tries to avoid hurting his opponent.

Double-page supporter
Ryuki is literally top tier husbando. Though I’m really curious as to what koga is missing (not to mention that weird talent they’ve been teasing.)

Double-page supporter
Thank you as always for these stellar chapters Hokuto no Gun!

So Ryuki's gonna teach Koga what he lacks next. Interesting to see Ryuki doing something for someone

Dex-chan lover
Place your bets, what is he missing?
Take in consideration that his build (and probably stamina) is not very different from Ryuki's and he's already training to have a tough body.

My guess is that he's unconsciously holding back a lot of power in order to not cripple his opponents, and he needs to be more like Garou from Onepunch Man, specially if he intents to participate in the Kengan matches, I mean, he could do well in public fights, but underground is different! but he comes from a normal Dojo and he never risked his life to fight.

Yeah, I also think that Koga don't trying "destroy" opponents, but just defeat.

he needs to be more like Garou from Onepunch Man

Except Garoo was also constantly holding back - in all story he didn't kill a single human.

Group Leader
Yeap, it could be not about physical condition but about mind/spirit liberation.

Group Leader
José shouts Spanish dirty words: pendejo, cabrón. Also 'Jose' is Spanish name

Fed-Kun's army
One Punch Man has been mentioned a few times. Here are possible hints about what Koga might be missing:

Scene taken from the middle part of OPM chapter 91
x10.jpg

x13.jpg

x14.jpg

The answer was even given at the beginning of chapter 91 and elaborated in chapter 93
x1.jpg

Tl:dr
Koga is unconciously lacking the will and determination to fight all out. You could also say that he's lacking "killing instinct" since Kengan matches are as close as death matches with minimal rules. With the mindset of defeat = death, anyone would be serious and try hard to survive and those who don't, accept despair and die.

Group Leader
Fuck me, I wanna see the next chapter now.

Also, it seems that the guys from Pro Wrestling know someone with “Narushima”(his relatives, father even).

Koga better be kicking asses in a span of a dozen chapter or I’m gonna be upset.

Dex-chan lover
@Eviltwin this is just my opinion but I think that maybe what he lacks is" weight", by that I mean weight on his punches or how to transfer his power(?). He has half baked technique/form too and has only fought weak dudes, that made him complacent.

Fed-Kun's army
I think i'm the minority here but anyone else kinda dislike Ryuki? I get what they're going with character wise but i get more "asshole" vibes from him as opposed to "socially inept".

Dex-chan lover
Those guys mentioned Koga having two flaws, so it might be both techniques and mentality.
My guess is he lacks a proper form of martial art (a mixed bag with no focus), therefore he has no conviction on anything (because he just does whatever).

I think one of koga biggest flaws is that he always think he cant win against his oponent and that he has to "catch up" instead of trying to figure out a way to win. Also trying to steal things and moves instead of finding his own form of fighting

Users who are viewing this thread