5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 13 Ch. 112 - The Last Festival - The Quintuplets' Side

Dex-chan lover
If there were 5 separate volume-long endings, this series would go down as a masterpiece.
But I'd be okay with a harem end, or just one girl winning.
That said, please don't do an open end. Those suck.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, much like salted popcorn, they might like a bunch of exotic flavors but Fuutarou is something they all enjoy. Just as easily as someone can be like (only one can be chosen) in the end they all share. So, the harem cannot be so easily denied just by popcorn alone.

Also, why wouldn't we have two chapters of Fuu-kun's day running around to fill in the gaps and thoughts? No, wait, 6. One for each sister and then finally the quintuplet choice. I'm only slightly joking because it might be a reality.

Fuutarou then gets hit by a truck and sent to some isekai where there is only one girl
And the girls here become a beautiful ot5 they don't need a man hahaha

It just feels great when you can milk all your past achievments so effortlessly, am I right, Negi?

This particular manga is a shining example of why so many authors choose the shitty open-endings/ or already have a girl chosen from the start (usually the first). Everyone here has a particular heroine they like, for whatever reason. So all this has done is made it to where there is no real happy ending because 4 characters + their fans are getting the short end of the stick.

As much as I hate this scenario for those reasons, I can at least give Negi props for choosing to have 1 girl whoever it is, be chosen. Instead of prolonging the story and have a horrible ending where it hints/doesn't get with anyone in fear of the fans trashing the story. Or do what everyone else does, once a girl is chosen (usually the first)have the others fuck off into the abyss after building them up to be a heroine. Hell, even Nisekoi where there was a "winner" still felt like a kick to the groin because even at the end it was some roundabout bullshit where they STILL didn't really "get together".

Still, all this would be resolved if it ended in a harem like Maga-Tsuki. People think that's the easy way out, but except in hentai or an isekai, PLEASE SHOW ME how common a story that is over what I mentioned above.

This manga is incredibly unrealistic, no matter how "realistic" the author attempts to make the characters. Why not just have fun with it, lol.

@HeroicPasserby

https://www.reddit.com/r/5ToubunNoHanayome/comments/d5d2c6/new_interview_with_negi_haruba_the_creator_of/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=manga&utm_content=t1_f3pv4dh

Fed-Kun's army
This is why you just play a visual novel instead. Each route for each heroine, all the freedom to pick one, pick all, or pick nothing (in some cases).

I don’t think I’ve read a harem manga that is structured like a visual novel, with alternative endings for each heroine. It does come off as unrealistic and remove the immersion, but unfortunately harem manga can’t seem to break from the norm. In the case of anime, one nice example was clannad where you have some OVAs of each heroine route since the anime adapts from a visual novel (KyoAni always is so good at adapting stuff)

Contributor
@miedziux Thx :)

Edit:
Well, I read this interview ... and now I understand why he wants to end this manga with only one girl as a bride even though he created harem manga ... I saw this disease earlier in
Release That Witch

Users who are viewing this thread