How i read this one out:
Emperor lackeys
"Hey look remember that princess that was thrown out by the emperor? Yea we want her back..."

Patriarch
"Boys rough them up, bunch of unpolite kids trying to coerce ME!"

Dex-chan lover
@Thndslz Uh this isn't about Yuning, it's about the small girl that just came crying to Xinghe last chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
Ya done fucked up, Azure Feather. If you're going to pick a fight and you know the other side won't back down, you need to strike first and strike hard.

This also goes back to something I said earlier, about Azure Feather finding themselves alone. I understand not wanting to get too involved with Liang Yu and Dark Moon, but realpolitik dictates that the smart thing to do would have been to make a defensive alliance; one will go to the other's aid if and only if they are attacked without provocation.

In this scenario, Liang Yu would try to weasel out of it with legal speak, but it wouldn't be too hard to nail him down and make him commit.

Double-page supporter
And they gonna join game of thrones one king one nation and many contestants.

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadork
Two problems with that:
- not giving back the runaway girl is already plenty provocative.
- so what if the Dark Moon family wanted to renege on an agreement? What would the Azure Feather do, sue them? It's not that kind of setting.

OTOH, that kind of conflict might be exactly what Xinghe's "friend" wants. He may well be up for it, as long as they conquer the girl's family and share the spoils.

Fed-Kun's army
@AlmondMagnum I already addressed that point. Azure Feather did something they knew was provacative, and they knew the other side would not back down. Thus my comment, "they fucked up"; they did not properly advance their position as they should have, in pseudo-military terms.

As for what Azure Feather would do if Dark Moon reneged, even if we take into account the assorted personalities of Xing He and co., there's plenty of things they could do to force compliance. Way back during the Impy conscription, they had the strength to fight what were presumably the elites of the Dark Moon to a standstill, and they've grown exponentially stronger since. Not to mention all the smaller families that are still intact and owe them big time, the smaller families that were destroyed and were absorbed by Azure Feather. as well as their growing reputation easily luring in groups of prospective fighters as demonstrated in this chapter.

Now, it's probable that Dark Moon has also gotten stronger, or at least has started to, but between the political turmoil elsewhere and the damage inflicted on Dark Moon in preceding events, there's no reason to assume that Azure Feather doesn't have everything it needs to force compliance.

Also, the necromancer dude is still super loyal to Xing He and vice versa.

Fed-Kun's army
@AlmondMagnum Did you miss the chapters where they went on at a somewhat unusual length about about how the entire nation was in an uproar over this and everyone was arming up?

Yes, they do need to watch their ass, and a time-honored effective way of doing that is securing alliances, even if they are only alliances of convenience. More than one war has been won by exactly that sort of realpolitik.

Dex-chan lover
god damit i thought i was the only one that noticed thanos...

Dex-chan lover
@ninjadork
That's why I said I think the Dark Moon would actually come through. It's in their interest.

But my point was, if the Azure Feather is so strong they can take on some hypothetical enemy (say, Eternal Heaven) and Dark Moon at the same time, and do so without disastrous losses, then they're too strong to really need the Dark Moon. And I don't think that's the case.

It would be an alliance of convenience, but it would be a real alliance, where both sides need the other an can't just strong arm compliance. At least for a bit. Until the inevitable betrayal.

Fed-Kun's army
7th heavenly realm? He hasn't even gone super saiyan yet!

Users who are viewing this thread