Double-page supporter
so, nahtzis bad rapefugees good? and all of them are doctors and engineers instead of low iq savages?
its all so tiresome.

My main issue with this arc is I'm not really interested in the political intrigue with what happened in the past. Just thematically it's not what I expected in the book. For the most part this has been a battle manga so it's a hard pill to swallow when it suddenly becomes something else. The shadow world was hyped up for such a long time so to be transported to a time in the past when their biggest issue was disparity between social classes and immigrants is kind of a hype killer. Not to mention we're missing 25% of the main cast for the last 15 or so chapters. I'm not crazy for her but still kinda ridiculous. She also sums up the arc pretty well with, "I've been preparing for this mission all my life and I'm just doing merchant paperwork!" (not quoted word for word).

On top of this it's not even doing this story beat very well. Some shounen and battle mangas have done well with political arcs and it shows it can be a nice change of pace. This aint it scoob. @HaikenEdge how I feel too.

So these "quests" are just simulations of past events from their world, or other worlds? Who gives a shite about these shitty events that have nothing to do with the main story and characters. The author has got his priorities fucked up. He's drawing out exposition and events on an arc that is barely relevant to the main characters and their motivations.

Dex-chan lover
Despite only making up 13% of the population, vagrants commit 50% of the crimes.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this arc feels out of proportion. Isn't this just a political lesson for the main characters, but without any actual impact? It's equal to a simulation (albeit deadly), but there's no impact to what's happening in their real world. Sure, this might give them skills and wisdom (and cool things as prizes), but it would have been nicer for them to learn this stuff in their own world/time, thus creating real consequences for failing as well. I hardly imagined the visits to shadow worlds to be like this. If they are all this extensive, as well, just how long is this manhwa going to be, huh?

Dex-chan lover
@Amplify : thing is, as shown is this chapter, the vagrant can't live legally : a beautiful handkerchief can't even be sold because it's made by a vagrant. It must be the same for any other works. So they are forced to steal and do other illegal things.

@Kaarme : yeah. The manga focus too much on the shadow world's politics and characters. Its tiresome because it's essentially useless. No real consequences if they fail and this world will be forgotten right after they finish the quest.
And it's not like all these explanation helped us to learn new things about the main characters or helped them grow...

@Kaarme
tbh, i figured the shadow world visits would be shorter, if they're supposed to be visiting and clearing many of them
if this was an anime, it would be a shadow world per every three or so episodes i bet

I'm not even sure what the shadow world is anymore. At first it looked like some random challenge they have to clear. Then it turned into reliving some obscure part of history that was forgotten but then devolved into history that isn't playing out like it actually did so we're back to doing whatever the system tells you to do. I'm going to be a little annoyed if the loot Desir wanted from this place is awarded from a pop up window or the like rather than something like finding it in that world and just taking it back with him.

i really liked this manga at the start but now its getting boring, im not looking forward to the next chapter as i did in the past , kinda sad, will still keep reading but im hoping this shadow world quest ends soon

Users who are viewing this thread