Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
@Meridis @firosahoge
At this point, your debate has moved far enough away from the context of the chapter that it's derailing the thread and has lost relevancy to the content of the chapter. Per rules 5.1.6 and 5.2.1, please move further discussion of IRL politics to direct messages or elsewhere.

Thanks,

Daviot

I came here hoping other people were concerned about the kids in the brothel until they mentioned there the girls kids. But on a fucking wholesome manga chapter there's an intense political religious a d ethical debate. You guys need to head back to /a/

Dex-chan lover
@Sanctuario - the abnegation against prostitution, particularly in modern times, is result of the fact that many of those involved in the trade may not be willing participants. Consider how easy it is to convince a poor person that ll they have to do is sell themselves to eat. Would you rather starve than be an object of gratification? Even if it's a legal, legitimate option, how much more degrading to sell ones body as an object can you get? IF someone happens to enjoy the trade, maybe it's fine, but if a kid who has no agency is taught that such a life is their only option, how destructive is that to their sense of self?

Dex-chan lover
@sylvacoer That, is exactly, my point though. My mainsay is ' not everyone'. I thought that the following are a given so I didn't explicitly state it. I'm not sure on what you're trying to tell, but if what you're saying here is that there are people forced, coerced, and/or bribed into this kind of life, in which they can't do anything about it against their will, and that in turn will lead to a degradation of identity, then yes, I perfectly understand that.

Having met people who worked like that and having the chance to hear their story, I know firsthand their experiences. I'm not saying everyone should turn a blind eye to a trade like that, nor am I saying to wholly accept it, I'm just saying that not everything has to be black or white.

Users who are viewing this thread