The issue is more to do with respect though, if another group is already working on it you don't take it. Usually you pick it up if they've dropped or abandoned it cause, again, respect.

Dunno the situation here tho so 🤷‍♀️

Dex-chan lover
Ah gosh, I can't get over the fact that captain Julius is so friggin cute<33 The gap between his cold appearance and adorable personality fills my heart with joy<33 XDDD And I honestly hope that the female lead proposes to him, since it seems like he would actually agree to marry her XDD Hahahah XDD I love how carefree both main characters are<33

@Poortagonist, this "act like a territorial animals" is because it's illegal.
Although not in the way that I think you understand: the crime committed by a fan translation group is to replicate the images, not piracy. It's a minor violation of copyright, but it's not too serious since no economic benefit is achieved.
The result of this is that, if they discover it, the companies in charge of controlling content rights, have it removed from circulation. That is absolutely everything. The rules of the scans exist to avoid this result and that the story can reach more people that, for some reason or another, could not have access to this content.
Besides, whether you like it or not, it's a pretty complicated job that's being done for free, there's nothing wrong with wanting recognition for something that consumes so much time, money and effort, because yes, most scans buy their raws.
Not respecting the rules leads the images to call even more the attention of the companies, to which they demand that they be removed and, eventually, that the scans close. Is that what you want?

Group Leader
This is not an actual snipe, but a steal. Despite what the credits may say. It's already been confirmed to be someone from Luna Lotus staff who stole the pre-proofread translation and released this.

Now I feel bad, so long shipped this pair and turns out that he was just a mother worried because some flirtatious bimbo is robbing his baby... I'm sorry, blond guy whose name i don't remember

What? This is a little strange, it doesn't look like a snipe but stolen translation. The post chapter too similar to LLS, with the preview of the next chapter and the images of Julius (the question banner) and Sila (the support banner that is just before the scantalator's credits) is exactly the same.

This honestly looks like a low effort stolen scan. They didn’t even bother to hide their tracks.

Damn, this is just so sad. I hope LLS doesn't drop this, I like this series.

Group Leader
if it's a steal, then it can be reported, as md doesn't tolerate stolen translations/whatever.

feels like there's more and more sniping/stealing/etc drama now, ever since jb lol. rather, it's become a hot topic because of what happened with jb

sad to see drama plague a really good series

i'm curious if he's actually from the demon clan hm hmmm.

@ResaRin Not speaking for other groups but for this series in particular I highly doubt they're paying for raws as they're using the Chinese scans which are completely free on the watermarked website (腾讯动漫)(https://ac.qq.com/Comic/comicInfo/id/636976up) into the 30s. So in no way do they contribute to the supporting the author because lets be real how many people here go out and buy the korean raws after reading these rips. I'm not going to be worked up either way whether they continue to translate or not, I can read in both Chinese and Japanese though it takes a little more effort than English.

@saenahonce Didn't realize I signed a terms of agreement when I read these scans. Can't believe how hard people bend over backwards for this group when they don't give a flying fuck about the original author. I'm not trying to undermine their work, I understand that work goes into translating and editing, I'm just saying the groups don't own the series so anybody should be free to translate.

Fed-Kun's army
Well then, if it's a steal, then that's a completely different story from what I talked about in my previous comments. As such, these thieves can go to hell.

Ahh.. it was a different group.. so that's why I didn't receive a notif of this series being updated

Dex-chan lover
>posting the pre-proofread from your own group
>not crediting your group
but why tho

@Poortagonist agree completely. Other people translating a series doesn't stop you from translating it yourselves. And if it makes you feel like your work is wasted, then like, okay, well now you have the resources for another series, and you dont have to worry about no one translating the other one. But LLS is also the group who claimed that their raws from a webcomic (so like, literally just the original comic) were THEIRS and STOLEN which was terrible because THE ORIGINAL WORK OF THE AUTHOR IS THEIRS AS SOON AS THEY POST IT so like. :/

This hasnt been a source of drama for the decades scanlation has been a thing, it's really only been an issue with certain groups starting this year. Even the Great Made In Abyss Scanlation War hasnt been this dramatic.

And I'm not saying that this wasn't actually a stolen/leaked translation, but like. Holy crap, why is your group having problems like that? Literally no one has problems like that. If people are having a trouble believing it it's because it's so absurd to begin with that anyone from the group would do that. People stealing an early release from the website and reposting without permission? Sure. People just. Taking the unfinished chapter before it is done and finishing it in order to post first without credit? Why would they bother?? It just doesnt make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread