Ethics of blatant sniping aside, I actually like this version better. Language is more natural and not as stiff. Ex. "It's thanks to you... It is thanks to you that..." vs "It's thanks to you... that..." and "I'm not saying this as part of the reward, I'm saying this of my own will" vs "These words are not part of your reward, this is how I really feel" and "That was forced by the compensation" vs "That was obviously your reward." Though the translation of the girl who stumbled onto the reward is certainly better in no group's release.

@Ark6677
thank you, if I did not need to buy a house and then renovate it without borrowing and a regular work, I would also give money

Group Leader
Heya guys, I've seen your concerns about some of the mistakes we may have made in our release, and yes, we have made some which we will be fixing, and are committed to trying to improve ourselves. Thanks a lot to everyone that read, and enjoyed our version!

Everybody who worked on this chapter, me, Arubedo, Usabuns, and Raf all really enjoy the series, and releasing our own version was super enjoyable for all of us, we definitely do want to continue working on the series. However, we also care about quality, for any of the cleaning errors and some loss of detail you may have noticed, I have found a much better way to clean it while also bringing the screentones back which were lost due to being extremely compressed on jump+. So here's a comparison for you to see how much better our method will be with the next chapter.

As for any translation mistakes you may have noticed, we have also contacted the previous translator Ardesc to see if we can work something out between ourselves instead of releasing two versions, hopefully we are able to work something out and release one version in the highest quality possible, for you, the readers to be able to enjoy.

@harou
"we have also contacted the previous translator Ardesc to see if we can work something out between ourselves instead of releasing two versions, hopefully we are able to work something out and release one version in the highest quality possible, for you, the readers to be able to enjoy."

Technically you can not bring anything to him, it is obvious that you are amateurs in relation to him.
Also, who would like to work with you after what you did to him ...
It is not after having put a knife in the back of someone that one proposes to him to be friends, not really professional like technique of recruitment.
I believe that even if you pay me I could not work with you as a matter of principle.

Group Leader
@Gauvain We aren't forcing him to join us or anything, we can coexist with two different translations, many series do. Though if possible we would of course love to work together with him.

It is not after having put a knife in the back of someone that one proposes to him to be friends, not really professional like technique of recruitment.
No, we contacted him around a month ago when he was a bit behind, which I recently found out was due some personal reasons, and I do hope he is doing better. However, since it was taking him a week to respond to each message on Discord I assumed he wasn't interested in working with us and so we started our selves.

We work on stuff because we enjoy doing it, however, if we have the option to come up with a solution where all of us can work on the series in one release while also increasing our quality, we will naturally attempt to do that. Even if we cannot work something out between ourselves we will still try to improve ourselves and try and release in the highest quality and speed we can.

(I hope I'm not coming off as too "aggressive", I didn't get enough sleep last night. But if I am, I'm sorry ;-;)

Dex-chan lover
Yea it's funny when entire group sniping single person and can't even make decent release /facepalm

It's soooooo mediocre comparing to single person work... unimaginable.

Thanks for the release.

I know some people dont like snipes but I really like this groups release, as a former scanlator myself I have to say the editing is really good and the speech is smooth 🤗

I hope @Ardesc and @harou can find a way to work something out if that is something you guys could possibly do

Double-page supporter
Why the fuck is everyone always talking about retarded sniping? Its a fan translation on voluntary base, fuck off with your sniping, its not hurting anyone and noone of the translators own exclusive rights for translation. Its and unwritten rule thats stupid and should be ignored

Dex-chan lover
@JimTheFjs

Editing is good? Speech is smooth? Are you serious???

So you think construction like I'm gonna go look for them is good? gonna is contraction for going to... so... is I'm going to go look for them really "good editing" in your opinion?

@BzzBzz by editing I mean the cleaning and typesetting are pretty good. yeah i think the speech is smooth and the comment by @TMoane sums it up pretty well.

Ethics of blatant sniping aside, I actually like this version better. Language is more natural and not as stiff. Ex. "It's thanks to you... It is thanks to you that..." vs "It's thanks to you... that..." and "I'm not saying this as part of the reward, I'm saying this of my own will" vs "These words are not part of your reward, this is how I really feel" and "That was forced by the compensation" vs "That was obviously your reward." Though the translation of the girl who stumbled onto the reward is certainly better in no group's release.

here it is. i dont know japanese so im not really sure about how good the translation is (it looks pretty close other than a few bubbles i think) but the language feels much more natural

as for the thing you pointed out, I'm gonna go look for them sounds like something somebody would say, and i think it fits her character quite well

Dex-chan lover
I'm not talking about stiffness or whatever (that's personal prefernces I don't care about). I'm talking about disconnection of speech and actions.

I'm going to means you are in the process right now. Or established (no matter what happens) plan.
I'm going to the movie - action in progress.
Tomorrow I'm going to sleep all day even if nuclear war happens - established plan.

I'm going to go implies that you plan to go at some point in the future.
Afternoon I'm going to go to the movie - I plan to go to the movie but there's no exact point when(if) it happens.

But in the panel girl already going out... that means you can't plan to go look for someone if you are already going.

Users who are viewing this thread