Contributor
@TowerCrow, etc:

Eh. It's an old-fashioned relationship, with elements I wouldn't actively encourage people to adopt (one person devoted to work, the other essentially a supportive caretaker), but if it works for them it seems fine.

(I say this with the assumption, based on circumstantial evidence of how we see her at the beginning, that she usually isn't as anxious about their relationship, as she is for most of the small slice of their relationship that this story covers.)

Other than that, the only real ongoing problem I see is that she wants firm expressions of love, whereas he's not the sort to do so frequently by nature (and compounding that is the sort of person who focuses on one thing at a time, not at all the sort to interleave small gestures of love with other stuff he's doing in the first place) but he seems to be genuinely trying, even if it isn't first nature to him, like with the belated comment about the food.

(If on the other hand you interpret him as, well, just not caring nearly as much, I would see your problem, but I don't think that that was what was depicted here.)

Users who are viewing this thread