Dex-chan lover
@yasheem18
And that's one of the main themes of this series.
You can understand, and pity, the demons for whatever the reason they ended up becoming one. Doesn't mean you are giving them a free pass for doing that, or their actions afterwards.

Double-page supporter
People really complaining about the fleshing out of characters lol

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, Kokushibou really got the quintuple whammy of envy, huh? Surpassed in a field he devoted himself to by somebody who didn’t care about it at all, surpassed by someone younger than him, surpassed by his twin (a circumstance where it’s very easy to see the other person as being not so different, and being in their position as possible if you were born in a different order), surpassed in the eyes of a parent who thought his worthiness was the most important (and may not have even loved him), even surpassed in strength of character.

I don’t think this is a redemptive story like some of the other demons, but it’s definitely a tragedy of circumstance. Kokushibou had, I think, a normal, human strength of character, which was strained by the reality of Yoriichi’s abilities until it bent. Sure, if he was a kind, empathetic person like his brother then he might have been able to take his sense of self-worth being torn to shreds in stride, but c’mon, we can’t leave everybody but the Tanjirous of the world out in the cold.

Plus, the implication is that he dealt with his envy by himself, with no-one to support him and heal it besides the person it targeted. Being able to come out of that on your own is rare, which makes Kokushibou an ordinary human being, and his story a tragedy. Does it redeem him? Ehh. Not nearly as easily as Akaza and Rui, who made their mistakes in the heat of a moment rather than in a slow buildup over the course of their entire lives, but it puts him in a gray area that can be empathized with.

nah, he was a human, so it was normal to be engulfed in jealousy

Fed-Kun's army
I would have appreciated this chapter if it was done earlier.... Before the fight. there are way too many flash backs here its messing up the momentum. A fight that's supposed to be a big deal is now just a flash back filler.

PLEASE, STOP... They just killed that demon, stop putting flashbacks. I wouldn't mind if they were settled before, but here they just ruin the rythm with a flashback every damn chapter...

This flashback is important, we'll be able to learn more about the breath of the sun and the connection between tanjirou's family and yoriichi this way

Dex-chan lover
A flashback detailing the story of arguably the most important character in the series is now filler because it's not UNGA BUNGA. And it's not even a new thing considering every time a demon is defeated they get a flashback detailing how they got to become that, and you're gonna start to complain about that nearly 180 chapters in?
Christ. It's painful how easy it is to realize who the anime bandwagoners who only care about fighting are by skimming the comments. Go wait 3 years for S2 and watching x2 speed while complaining about how Nezuko fanart is pedophilia if all you care about is looking at pretty colors.

Yoriichi is an important plot point of the story, why would you complain about the development when we've been getting plenty action as it is. The fights already drag on, the fight ended, this isn't filler.

Dex-chan lover
@Midoriha I wouldn't call them bandwagoners, necessarily, so much as they are just morons who can't appreciate good story telling; I've seen the same comments regarding the demons' flashbacks that were made long before the anime was announced. All of them saying to stop with the meaningless flashbacks and to get on with the action. They're the same kind of idiots that would bitch about the villains being "shallow" and "two dimensional" if the flashbacks weren't present.

Older brother is a huge idiot. Stupid father (who wanted to kill his child) gave him his stupid teachings.

Group Leader
...knowing how Yoriichi knew so much, maybe he has learnt that his brother despised him... :'(

Dex-chan lover
Quit bitching about flashbacks and get some attention span. Yoriichi has been referenced for almost this whole series.

And I agree with other posters that say you same guys would be bitching about "underdeveloped characters" if these flashbacks didn't happen.

I thought we were used to the Demon flashbacks after they get defeated? Everyone they’ve fought had one.

Finally a villain that doesn't have a sad backstory, it's just someone whos a piece of shit from the core.

Users who are viewing this thread